• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Re. C Diem, my guess is that the new people and Altieri had an agreement, and then a falling out. That would explain both why they can use the name, the models, and even his name, and why he is (apparently) pissed and not involved.
Personally I don't care what their problems are/ were....
This niche can get so testy with loyalist to different brands going Crazy.

It's funny Augusta was regarded as knock off or copycat and ends up being the most prolific boot maker in this niche.
Boris was accused of coping Doma and now he is the designer most positioned to be the new Rick Owens

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Like it or not, the business side will likely to prevail in fashion. Without the money, marketing, and distribution channels, there is so little a talented designer could have done for her/him to be heard. Like I knew a talented design student, whom I really want to help but she's strongly against my business approaches. I did not tell her to ripoff or abuse anyone, just standard stuffs and honest facts. At the end of my day, I've spent more time writing emails to suppliers than being creative.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think guidi is most prolific
I think guidi is most prolific
except I dont consider Guidi an artisanal bootmaking company in the manner of Augusta/ Cdiem etc
Guidi is first and foremost a tannery, producing leather. i get what you are saying, but if you ever happen to go to the augusta showroom in Paris his offering is quite large from season to Season

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
except I dont consider Guidi an artisanal bootmaking company in the manner of Augusta/ Cdiem etc
Guidi is first and foremost a tannery, producing leather. i get what you are saying, but if you ever happen to go to the augusta showroom in Paris his offering is quite large from season to Season
You are right if their main focus, of course, but I think that it would be more accurate to say that they are a company with mutiple arms.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M_moria arrived. They're alright, I guess!! I'm very happy with what I paid for them, but at retail it's ballers only. I'm also happy to buy something from Altieri rather than this weird Carpe Diem revival thing.

Actually reinforced for me how good of a deal the handsewn Petrosolaum shoes are, which I feel are like 90% as nice as M_moria.

Random thoughts:
- Beautiful handpainted shell cordovan. Horween feels a bit "juicier" than Shinki cordovan.
- The weight and balance of the shoe is perfect. The sole construction is better than I've seen anywhere
- The cushioned insole is nice. Petrosolaum does this too. Makes wearing Guidi or whatever without an insole feel a bit uncomfortable.
- The infinity lace is cool to look at but ridiculous in practice. I guess I cut these? I might see if I can send them off to have metal, uh, shoelace "things" added to them since the laces are cool.

Can anyone ID the model? I think it's the A toe shape.

In comparison to my Petrosolaum shell boots I've worn for like two years now. Just ordered new custom waxed cotton laces for them through the ~internet~, they turned out pretty cool!

AA2 or AADvE in Smoke/FvMo

NGOStudio

Reaction score
What do you guys think which artisanal brand has the most comfortable ankle boots? I frequently get abrasions around my ankle if I wear ankle boots for half to an entire day of activities (not heavy activities, just working and moving in them).

newp

Reaction score
Re. C Diem, my guess is that the new people and Altieri had an agreement, and then a falling out. That would explain both why they can use the name, the models, and even his name, and why he is (apparently) pissed and not involved.
I still fail to see how are they allowed to say he works on current Tranoi Carpe Diem when he, in fact, doesn't.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
I still fail to see how are they allowed to say he works on current Tranoi Carpe Diem when he, in fact, doesn't.

This could be a marketing attempt of the brand's new owner. Not a clean one for sure but difficult to prove damage otherwise. And now this segment is actually more crowded than when C. Diem first launched 2 decades ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads