The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

His jackets are what got more people into him, especially with Brad Pitt sporting them.

[​IMG]

2. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yeah, after handling his stuff I think I'd prefer it more on others and in particular women :). But his footwear fits very nicely into the Chaplin-esque vibe I like :D.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

it's just a sack suit from peasant workers circa late 1900s. which is why i'd like one. not sure there's much to be said about craftsmanship etc., fuuma has one he wears with sneakers and jeans (as with every jacket hah) and doesn't rave about it like the hype you see elsewhere surrounding it. the highly-limited production numbers mgiht contribute to it.

ivwri -- do you know if IF in dubai carries it ? i know the nyc one does ...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

He deliberately uses antiquated techniques that make the shoes less durable...

Shah: I actually have three Harnden jackets, I also wear them in a more dressed up way with dress shirts, cardigans, casual panta and boots. I really like what he does but I'm not sure it is possible to get more than 3-4 jackets without it feeling super redundant. I have one winter weight beige tweed, one black four panels (diff fabric when looked up close) and one "summer" in black raw silk with some sort of burgundy sheen. I guess I could get a grey one...

Ivwri anf Shah are two people who could possibly integrate some stuff within the confine of their existing wardrobe, if I was Ivwri I'd get some pants though, Shah a coat or jacket.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Dunno. Remember I only found out IF had a store in Dubai after you mentioned it a while back. hehe. Should be in Dubai towards the end of the year though so it's on my list of things to look out for.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

will get in touch with Isaa there and let you know soon hopefully ... very nice SA :)

7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Never handled any of the pants before actually. Liked some of the suspender pants I have seen for sale on SZ from time to time.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

this thread is called THE OFFICIAL "Streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***

talk pants somewhere else

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Lol. No need to get bothered I'm done here until I pick up a pair of the Harnden shoes :).

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

im not, just dont care about the pants n jackets

11. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah bro not laughing at you, just at fashion marketing in general.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

13. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

14. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

All the Guidi talk made me interested in picking up some boots from PNP. I'm going to order one of the 995 models and I have some questions about the different leathers...

[​IMG]

The last couple pages have suggested that donkey may be stiffer than horse and has more grain and horse molds to the foot better. The reverse stag is interesting in a rough out kind of way.

Any other opinions/ thoughts?

Primarily, I'm looking for the one that will look the best BEAT UP.

Also, somebody suggested that the "MS" means no cap toe...but then wouldn't that mean the other non-MS ones have a visible cap toe (which they don't appear to have)?

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

Horse will be harder to break in, but looks the best over time in my opinion. Donkey is relatively 'soft' compared to horse.