1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Momokun

Momokun Active Member

Have a pair of Andrew McD's, great shoes for a great price. He's worked with Harnden, and is inspired by artisans like Poell though there aren't many similarities. Great guy as well, with a real cosy store.

2. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

that's a grail Guidi pair there! Damn I want a black donkey pair so bad!

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

Nicely-do you wear an insole with your Guidi sheepskins?

4. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

Those Andrew McDonald's look awesome.

5. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Guys-

Thanks for the contributions on the last page- some really boots/pics. [​IMG]

I should have some S/S 2012 previews to share in the next week or so...

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

[​IMG]

I'll trade somebody my firstborn child for these.

you're becoming my favorite new poster already

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

last time i saw folds that beautiful i was licking them

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

9. jet

jet Senior member

holy shit are those ugly

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

agreed, they need the heel to look its best.

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Nicely-do you wear an insole with your Guidi sheepskins?

Yeah I wear insoles with my all my boots/shoes. Superfeet!!

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

Are they super thick? I'm looking for some real thin insoles to throw in my Guidi baby calf boots. It can't be much though as they're already about my size.

Also, which color do you get? Might try a pair out

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Probably going to need some for my donkey derbies. Since I sized up to 43.5. Need to locate these super feet!

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

Also, do you guys put any protectant (sno seal, etc) on your boots/derbies before wearing? I haven't put any on my Guidi boots and got caught in some pretty heavy rain today. Don't seem like they're affected, but curious as to what you guys are doing?

15. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Are they super thick? I'm looking for some real thin insoles to throw in my Guidi baby calf boots. It can't be much though as they're already about my size. Also, which color do you get? Might try a pair out
    I have some tacco leather insoles- I use on my Carpes; they are really, really thin. I think they come in different colors.
    Also, do you guys put any protectant (sno seal, etc) on your boots/derbies before wearing? I haven't put any on my Guidi boots and got caught in some pretty heavy rain today. Don't seem like they're affected, but curious as to what you guys are doing?
    I don't anything- the baby calf on your Guidi's will look great some wear IMO-

16. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great..

Budget $500 ish

17. dmash

dmash Senior member

I don't anything- the baby calf on your Guidi's will look great some wear IMO-
    Oh yeah for sure, I look forward to the 'wear' showing.......I just don't want anything negative to happen to the leather though and cut its life short. Think I'll be ok?
    I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great.. Budget $500 ish
    I've had a ton of CPs......don't do that shit. If you want BOOTS, that's definitely not the way to go. I'd say used Guidi is going to be your best bet in that range. You're going to have to be patient though and wait for your size to pop up.

18. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

Neither one of those are worth that price, seriously.

Eh.....gitman shirts and chinos are NOT going to rock 'rugged' boots at all man. That's just not a compatible look...something like that is going to vibe better with chukkas, sneakers, brogued boots, suede derbies.....all that stuff, a 'softer' look per say.

Oh the other hand, a pair of black guidis, your APCs, a white v neck and that TOJ would look dope as hell.

EDIT-Erk those aren't worth retail. On 50% sale, yeah, good choice.

20. exclusive erik

exclusive erik Member

I'm after some boots. Looking at CP training boot but if anyone have suggestions that'd be great.. Budget $500 ish
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] http://www.barneys.com/Eternity-Work...efault,pd.html http://www.barneys.com/745-Workboot/...efault,pd.html
    thanks for the tips man!! i was looking at these 2 but they dont have that solid appeal look. Will Guidi be suitable with my outfit tho ? I usually wear gitman shirts and chino and APC PS, but will be getting TOJ minimalist DR and bomber
    After seeing this, I'd suggest the Ricard boots from Paul Smith.