• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terradilavoro

Reaction score

Alden (and quoddy) final clearance at Winn Perry

I would like to say thank you very much, zazaza, finally a good friend from Seattle/WA. who visit me every year brought me my pair of Alden Workman Oxford CXL x Winn Perry last week.

Some pics to tease

cheerio
Joachim

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone explain why lined vs unlined chukkas makes such a big difference? you guys seem to have very strong opinions either way on this issue.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually wondering the same thing... :embar:

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
14alxrk.jpg

2yx16k5.jpg

I finally bought a pair of the balmoral cap toe shell cordovans from TSM. I love 'em :slayer:

HorseHide

Reaction score
Just left Alden DC:

• They have a sweet new make-up - pebblegrain/scotch grain LWB w a commando sole (I am not buying any new long wings and I recently bought a pebble grain split toe from Unionmade but these shoes were very tempting)
  • They have a whiskey PTB in the pipeline - ordered; this leads to the final point...
  • I am rethinking my general dislike of whiskey as the colors get darker. I have a pair of the original "mistake" order from Alden DC (ravello medallion cap toe on the Plaza). The color of that ravello is the same color as the current wiskey (and the current ravello is much darker - almost to the point where it could be mistaken for color 8).

Last edited:

Calikid

Reaction score
I need some help... .can someone point me in the right direction as to how to clean up nicks, cuts etc. on the antique edging? Is there a edging dressing for antique? thanks

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

0waterbouys

Reaction score
Just left Alden DC:
  • I am rethinking my general dislike of whiskey as the colors get darker. I have a pair of the original "mistake" order from Alden DC (ravello medallion cap toe on the Plaza). The color of that ravello is the same color as the current wiskey (and the current ravello is much darker - almost to the point where it could be mistaken for color 8).

The Ravello short wing from LeatherSoul is a more current make up right? It looks pretty light to me, I would say not even close to #8.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Ravello short wing from LeatherSoul is a more current make up right? It looks pretty light to me, I would say not even close to #8.

Ravello, whiskey, cigar all vary from batch to batch. The ravello longwngs I got from Leffot earlier this year are pretty light and are only slightly darker than my whiskey cordovan. However the ravello tassels I bought last year and are pretty dark; they are closer to Ralph Lauren's Marlow/Darlton "brown" than anything else. Cigar seems to be relatively consistent these days, but I would say my cigar longwings I got from AoC in April are a bit ligher than the cigar captoe boots I bought from Alden of DC last year. Similarly whiskey ranges from a "natural" cordovan look to a shiny "butterscotch" color (which is my favorate variation) to a deep caramel that isn't too disimilar to the color of your shortwings.

Last edited:

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just left Alden DC:
  • They have a sweet new make-up - pebblegrain/scotch grain LWB w a commando sole (I am not buying any new long wings and I recently bought a pebble grain split toe from Unionmade but these shoes were very tempting)
  • They have a whiskey PTB in the pipeline - ordered; this leads to the final point...

I thought whiskey and cigar PTB’s were standard makeups there. They always have had them when I have been in.

That pebble grain sound tempting though….

Anything good on sale there?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can anyone explain why lined vs unlined chukkas makes such a big difference? you guys seem to have very strong opinions either way on this issue.

When it comes to suede, I think lined vs unlined makes a pretty big difference. With an unlined shoe, you can feel the soft, buttery suede molding all around your foot. Whereas with a lined suede shoe or boot, it just feels a little stiffer and takes away part of the appeal of wearing suede IMHO.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

14alxrk.jpg

2yx16k5.jpg
I finally bought a pair of the balmoral cap toe shell cordovans from TSM. I love 'em :slayer:

Beauties. I'm in the market for some Alden captoe bals, I think. Are these #8? I've decided I really like the overall simplicity of the style, but also the fact that the captoe seems to allow for some nice color variation down the road. Enjoy these.

Suede for a sunny Thursday...

Nice laces.

Finally, recent shot of Whiskey LWBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads