• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, thanks to everyone that replied regarding my separating indy's I contacted Alden and they suggested taking them back to j. Crew and then they would send them on to Alden for repairs. If this goes as smooth as they have implied it will it will have at least restored some of the faith I had in Alden boots.

To be honest, I think Jcrew has surprisingly good service. Ask them to just replace them on the spot; I am pretty confident they will. Don't even bother with the repair route.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try Nordstroms. They have some policy where they'll split shoe sizes. Dunno what the details are.

Yep, I've been to two Nordstrom stores and neither would split a pair for me. It sucks having two different sized feet...

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be honest, I think Jcrew has surprisingly good service. Ask them to just replace them on the spot; I am pretty confident they will. Don't even bother with the repair route.

Agreed. If there is a defect in the a boot bought by J Crew, simply exchange, they are good at that

hyt123

Reaction score

+1

My Red Wing x J.Crew boots came in a couple of days ago and despite being both tagged the same size, the right boot is clearly half a size smaller than the left one. My right foot is also bigger than the left so it just makes it worse. Despite the fact that the boots were on clearance for final sale and no exchanges/returns, I emailed CS with a description of the issue and within 12 hours I had a refund sitting in my PayPal account and I don't even have the return shipping label yet.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

My Red Wing x J.Crew boots came in a couple of days ago and despite being both tagged the same size, the right boot is clearly half a size smaller than the left one. My right foot is also bigger than the left so it just makes it worse. Despite the fact that the boots were on clearance for final sale and no exchanges/returns, I emailed CS with a description of the issue and within 12 hours I had a refund sitting in my PayPal account and I don't even have the return shipping label yet.

Wonder if you're out a good pair of clearance boots though... maybe that's the reason they were last ones available, heh

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6b800fa5.jpg

fd677c74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads