1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Sounds good Tom, I'll email you in a day or so.

It would be good if we could have a few models in the works, we should work on a SS model and then a FW model etc

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

I have always wanted a perfect pair of penny loafers.

I would love some unlined / half lined flex welt #8 cordovan plaza lasted penny loafers, maybe changing the penny window to be more traditional as well if I could.

Flex welt = mega comfortable.

Would be so nice. Incredibly hard to find a nice penny loafer these days.

3. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

+1 on some nice brown or #8 pennys.

4. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

We do preorder/special orders about once a month. Our next one will be released on our website sometime this week. If there is something on it or any future preorder you like, let me know and I will inquire about your size.

You sir, are a gentleman. Thanks - I will be sure to keep an eye out. My lone pair of Aldens is crying out for company.

I might contact Alden directly just to see which lasts they have in my size. That would help eliminate future back-and-forthing. All I'd need to know is which last the shoe is made on and thus the possibility of placing an order.

5. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

how does tru balance last compare to barrie? i'm thinking about buying some indy boots.

6. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Most people take the same size.

7. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I'd love to see a custom Aviator boot from Leather Soul. The ones posted by PP in the streatwear shoes/boots thread looked great.

8. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

I'd love to see a custom Aviator boot from Leather Soul. The ones posted by PP in the streatwear shoes/boots thread looked great.

+1

The suede + contrast sole looks awesome.

9. racknac

racknac Senior member

I'm almost 100% positive I'm going to be getting a pair of indy boots sometime in the next couple of months. It's only a matter of time at this point.[​IMG]

yeah, I was gonna order some from LeatherSoul, but to be honest if I'm going to be throwing down $600+ I want to try them on to make sure the length and width is perfect. Since I live in LA now, might as well wait for them to open their store up!

Crossing my fingers that LeatherSoul will have some grand opening in store specials at their LA store.

10. racknac

racknac Senior member

Lots of reasons, mainly because we cater to a completely different clientele here versus LA so it doesn't transition well. I'm planning on going up to LA to train and open the shop and fly the LA guy to Hawaii to train here before we open LA.

FYI. One of your LA clientèle would like to see some PTBoots and Indys.

11. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

What really is an Aviator boot?

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

Can I buy these anywhere besides Steven Alan? SA is sold out in my size. I need a size 8.5 http://www.stevenalan.com/product.ph...roductid=17637 [​IMG]
    They are an SA exclusive. Why not order a half size down and see if they fit? That's what I did...waiting on the box now. Will just eat the $13 to ship back if needed.

13. djh

djh Senior member

Pretty sure they're just talking about the one on Orvis's site.

I'd like to get something similar, with a 360 degree reverse welt as seen on longwings, ptb's, etc.

14. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

As I understand it we've come to use the term for a high blucher boot with a suede, roughout or waxed/oiled finish, [​IMG] [​IMG] or the ones I posted here

15. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

They are an SA exclusive.

Why not order a half size down and see if they fit? That's what I did...waiting on the box now. Will just eat the $13 to ship back if needed.

I wear 8.5 in other Aldens and even that is a little tight. No way I could an 8 unless these run huge. Plus im turned off by the fact that they are orthopedic shoes and the build quality isnt up to par with the standard Aldens.

Its tempting, though.

16. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

the regular Indy boot is an orthopedic shoe as well.

But when I went to craft the guys said they were getting a better model with a more quality construction

17. breakz

breakz Senior member

Just received these as a gift:

[​IMG]

I am a lucky, lucky man!!! 2010 is looking good. [​IMG]

Just pre-ordered these, April can't arrive soon enough.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

This looks like the same stuff as the vintage indys.

19. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I wear 8.5 in other Aldens and even that is a little tight. No way I could an 8 unless these run huge. Plus im turned off by the fact that they are orthopedic shoes and the build quality isnt up to par with the standard Aldens.

Its tempting, though.

FWIW Indy Boots are orthopedic shoes.[​IMG]

20. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

But when I went to craft the guys said they were getting a better model with a more quality construction
    nice, thats what I want to hear. is craft a retailer? edit: this looks like them. ill keep an eye out. http://blogs.undftd.com/undftd/2009/07/craft-la.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.