***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racetrack

racetrack Senior member

wtf shipping from alden internationally is 135$.

If I'm in Canada, what is a good place to get the indy boot?

+1 [​IMG]

2. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

wtf shipping from alden internationally is 135$.

If I'm in Canada, what is a good place to get the indy boot?

+1 [​IMG]

In Canada (Ontario, at least)? I'm not aware of anyone who carries them.

To Canada? To circumvent customs, I'd get them proxied from someone who can order from Shoe Mart or LeatherSoul. If customs isn't a concern, just order them for reasonable shipping.

JcrewxAlden Indy? You could phone order them into the nearest J crew store, cross the border, and pick them up. This only really works if you live not far from the Buffalo or Michigan borders, or wherever else. Guaranteed they wont have them in store.

3. false

false Senior member

In Canada (Ontario, at least)? I'm not aware of anyone who carries them.

To Canada? To circumvent customs, I'd get them proxied from someone who can order from Shoe Mart or LeatherSoul. If customs isn't a concern, just order them for reasonable shipping.

JcrewxAlden Indy? You could phone order them into the nearest J crew store, cross the border, and pick them up. This only really works if you live not far from the Buffalo or Michigan borders, or wherever else. Guaranteed they wont have them in store.

Is crew still carrying them? I looked on the regular Jcrew site and the liquor store sight but saw no sign. I tried on pair of Indy's the other day and they were the most comfortable thing I've ever worn but I prefer the chromexel uppers of the Jcrew/LS Ultimates/403 and the heel stitching on the crew version. Alternatively, is anyone carrying regularly carrying the 403 yet? I saw someone post that they got one by chance in a B&M but otherwise they're nowhere to be seen.

As an aside, how much should fit vary if across different models with the same last but different uppers? I tried on three boots, one Barrie-last wingtip boot and two Indy's (405 and cordovan). I didn't like the Barrie but it seemed like the regular 405 was more comfortable than the cordovan version. Is this normal?

4. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Is crew still carrying them?

I don't know. I just assumed they are.

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Those high lace boots in #8 cordovan are calling my name. If they were whiskey cordovan my bank account would have a nice dent put in it already.

6. Casual

Casual Senior member

Is crew still carrying them? I looked on the regular Jcrew site and the liquor store sight but saw no sign.

Yes, they took them down along with some other stuff because they are having an online sale.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Paul Smith I think the Kudu chukkas at J. Gilbert are in contention for my next big shoe purchase
    :/ Just realized they're more of a grey-brown rather than a grey-black. Damn.

8. Sui Generis

Sui Generis Well-Known Member

What's everyone's opinion of black shell cordovan? I'm looking at wingtip high boots or possibly Indy boots in black, and I'm between calfskin and shell. I have the shell chukkas in #8 and I like how the shell creases, but I'm not sure this will look right on wingtip boots.

9. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

my opinion - shell cordovan > calf in 90% of cases. There's plenty of pictures of shell longwings and wingtips in this thread and on the internet. See how they would look creased. If you like the look better than calf then there you go.

10. Edicron

Edicron Well-Known Member

One of the speed eyelets on my Alden boots recently tore out. This is after less than 10 wears!! What's my best option to have this fixed? I'm wondering if I could convert all of the speed eyelets to regular ones (like the look better) or if I should just ask Alden to send a couple replacement eyelets and have a cobbler fix it?

I had just lexol'd the shoes too, I wonder if that weakened the leather somehow.

11. scb

scb Senior member

an eyelet from my indy's got caught on my door today while getting out of the car and ripped the leather. fun

12. Pressfan

Pressfan Well-Known Member

wtf shipping from alden internationally is 135$. If I'm in Canada, what is a good place to get the indy boot?
    You could try Knapp's in Listowel (http://www.knapps.ca/) or Fodemisi's in London (http://www.fodemesi.com/) for Indy boots.

13. racetrack

racetrack Senior member

You could try Knapp's in Listowel (http://www.knapps.ca/) or Fodemisi's in London (http://www.fodemesi.com/) for Indy boots.
    It's a little strange how there are no Alden dealers closer to/in the GTA. I mean, it's the only city in Canada that matters, amrite? /flamesuit on

14. velomane

velomane Senior member

its the only city in Canada that matters, amrite?

/flamesuit on

Yes, I was reading that in last Saturday's Globe and Mail.

15. false

false Senior member

For the record, Jcrew still has the Indy but its $450 and you can't use education discounts. Same price as Leather Soul but without the commando and not from an independednt dealer so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.