1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

2. izach

izach Well-Known Member

This is really interesting. Alden ( and I have 8 or so Alden's pair) have been increasing the price annually, yet AE is keeping its pricing un changed for years.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Supply and demand. Look at the number of firms that are doing collaborations with Alden. I can't even think of one with AE.

4. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I believe AE has done some work with Ralph Lauren (Sanderson, Saunders, etc)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  5. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Awesome pant / shoe combo. I'll probably run into you at Leffot one of these days

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

AE is getting smarter about this. New cordovan colors, collaborating with RL, etc

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if AE's volume is at a higher output than Alden. I actually expect that since they are sold at Nordstrom, which is a nationwide chain. It also seems that their stock is also full at most times so I assume they keep a good number in inventory.

With Alden, the only local store that carries the shoes is LSBH. All of my Aldens were bought online as the result of that.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if AE's volume is at a higher output than Alden. I actually expect that since they are sold at Nordstrom, which is a nationwide chain. It also seems that their stock is also full at most times so I assume they keep a good number in inventory.

With Alden, the only local store that carries the shoes is LSBH. All of my Aldens were bought online as the result of that.

10. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

I have a pair of new Ravello Wingtip boots in a 9D Barrie last that I got recently from Shoemart and they fit considerably tighter than Longwings of the same size, especially across the instep. Anyone find they have to size up for Barrie wingtip boots compared to LW's?

I'm considering having a cobbler attempt to do an instep "stretch" on them but might I be better off selling them (and taking a loss) and getting new 9.5's?

Also, can anyone comment on sizing between Barrie Tanker NST boots compared to wingtip boots? I saw mention of NST possibly running a little narrower than other Barrie makeups...

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Well J. Crew and Brooks Brothers carry Alden as well, dunno.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Bootmaker NST Whiskey Shell from Shoemart, last year's Christmas gift:
    [​IMG]

13. T007

T007 Active Member

^ Love the Whiskey!

14. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

I am sure we will cross paths. I look forward to it.

15. Wilf

Wilf Member

Love the antique trim, it makes a real difference.

16. izach

izach Well-Known Member

17. izach

izach Well-Known Member

How about brown pull-up CXL Indy 403:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

any images of these in the wild?
    [​IMG]

19. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

Love these...how are the waterloc soles with these? Do they feel much different than regular double leathers on a shell Longwing? I like the idea of a Color 8 LWB that can be worn on wet ground but still avoid looking too casual with a commando or crepe sole. Also is the edge trim a pretty noticeable contrast with the Color 8? In pics of similar makeups, the antique stain jumps out a bit, but for some reason these appear a bit darker, contrast less stark. I have Cigar LWs with similar shaded edges so trying to decide if these cross over a bit too much with them.

20. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Cordovan does not stretch I'm sorry to say. If you try to stretch it it can rip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.