1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior Member

^WOW!!!

There's really not much more you can say about those boots. fantastico....

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Distinguished Member

Would've loved to pick up a pair of those, but couldn't afford the flight-to-Hawaii upcharge. :(

3. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior Member

Seamstress? That's better than what my 14 year old son thinks of me!:facepalm: Adding insult to injury, they gave the same avatar to Mr. Spicy Sausage as well - so the generic avatar isn't even exclusive!

4. Islander

Islander Senior Member

Cigar Pitt is perfect.

5. trunks206

trunks206 Senior Member

Roguls: My god those look fantastic in those pics. Enjoy 'em

6. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior Member

[​IMG]

I love those boots and am insanely jealous of everyone who got a pair, but isn't anyone wondering why the right boot has all that yucky black dye on the toe? I know it will sort of blend in over time and the boots are not ruined, but still I'd be bummed if my pair came like that. Just sayin

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

8. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

Sorry Scott for missing your post. I'm a 8.5D on the Barrie but thanks for the offer. I'll keep watching LS et al for now until I find something.

9. Roguls

Roguls Distinguished Member

Those shots are in direct sun; the boots in most light are a dark brown. I dig the smearing, even the spot. Unless someone is scrutinizing every imperfection, the finishing on these are the finest I've seen on Aldens. If you don't like imperfections, you should be paying for Edward Green or similar.

Cigar makeups in a cool configuration are so damn difficult to come by; these are a revelation. I definitely lucked out. Somebody backed out on this pair, so I snapped them up.

10. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

You my friend, are the man. Thank you for truly understanding what's up. I know to some Aldens at $600 should be perfect, but honestly they are not and they never will be.

On a side note, my pair has that same smudging. I'm thinking they may have been final polished with black at the factory? It actually looks kind of cool in person but maybe not so in the direct sunlight.

11. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm sure the light exaggerates the contrast. I also know the imperfections in the color are part of the beauty of shell.

You lucked out for sure! Everybody flips out for whiskey and ravello, but cigar is the best color shell.

Enjoy your sweet new boots!

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]
    cigar cap toe boot
    argyles otc

13. trunks206

trunks206 Senior Member

^ love the boots Uncle!

I completely agree with what you said. The direct sun light makes the marks look much worse but even if the boot looked like that all the time personally I like it, it gives the boot some extra character. Everyone who snagged a pair is pretty lucky.

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

^ love the boots Uncle!

thank you

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Like those cigar boots, maybe I'll go for something like that since I can't get the wp pebble grain captoe boots who knows.

So a good friend of mine and his girlfriend went into the bev hills leather soul (sup Tom) and he like me had a bad experience while trying to buy some shoes. This guy is one of the nicest guys and best friends I've had in my life so when he told me this story I was in disbelief. He said he went in there, didn't get acknowledged by the salesperson for the first 5 minutes and looked around at some shoes. Apparently the gentleman was on the computer the entire time and his girlfriend even commented how bizarre it was he was not trying to assist him and even looked bothered when my friend asked him a couple questions. Apparently he brushed him off with terse replies when asked if he had a certain style or if he could even try something on for size. He said he didn't seem knowledgable about the products when being asked questions either. He also noted all the shoes were quite dusty and was just entirely perplexed at the whole situation. They finally walked out and he purchased some shoes elsewhere (I believe he said online) saying he would not return after that experience.

I don't know what's going on but this was similar to my experience except I didn't ask to try anything on. He didn't seem remotely interested in selling any shoes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.