***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 4 and black saddle
    argyles otc

2. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

color 4 and black saddle
    argyles otc

PRO

Also: Will wearing my suede Aldens without socks ruing them? My feet don't seem to sweat much and I always use powder. I have done it s couple of times and have noticed no problems.

Thanks.

3. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Is the brown chromexcel Pitt boot the same as the Context Roy boot except for the sole? I know they are Barrie vs. Trubalance, but any other differences?

Leather Soul with another great Alden makeup...http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...oots-lsw-lsbh/

Finally, someone doing a chromexcel plain toe boot without the dreaded crepe sole. Looks very nice! The crucial color is probably the natural chromexcel.

PRO

Also: Will wearing my suede Aldens without socks ruing them? My feet don't seem to sweat much and I always use powder. I have done it s couple of times and have noticed no problems.

Thanks.

You should be fine, as long as you rest them for a day with trees in them. Unlined suede PTBs are begging for the no-sock treatment. (And cut your nails [​IMG] )

4. IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE Well-Known Member

If you can have a choice which is hard which Indy would you have Cigar Shell or Whiskey. Which one of this would age nicely.

5. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

If you can have a choice which is hard which Indy would you have Cigar Shell or Whiskey. Which one of this would age nicely.
    That's a easy call…get the cigar and the whiskey.

6. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 4 and black saddle
    argyles otc

Great looking saddle shoe uncle.

7. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Gentlemen, I have come to the rather unhappy conclusion that my brand new AF 107 Wing Tips are too tight. They are 10.5 D, made on the Leydon last and, with Adam's help, I have determined that my big, fat foot requires an E. The good news is that I think I've found the last and size that fits me, so I will be able to make better purchases in the future. At any rate, I've listed these beautiful bad boys on Ebay. I only wore them twice. So, if you are a fan of the Leydon last, this is a good opportunity to pick up a pair of next-to-new calfskin boots for cheap. Thanks. I hope to soon be posting a pic of my new Barrie last boots. If you decide to buy these AF 107s, be good to them. They're gorgeous. (If you'd like a quick anecdote, I wore them to a meeting with a bunch of lawyers, two of whom were wearing wing tips, and somebody commented on how nice mine were. Soon, the entire group of law geeks was gathered around, ooh-ing and ah-ing over my Aldens. When I showed them that they're actually boots, they practically squealed with delight.) I still haven't figured out how to post a photo properly, like Uncle Mac does. Here's the Ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
    [​IMG]

8. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

(If you'd like a quick anecdote, I wore them to a meeting with a bunch of lawyers, two of whom were wearing wing tips, and somebody commented on how nice mine were. Soon, the entire group of law geeks was gathered around, ooh-ing and ah-ing over my Aldens. When I showed them that they're actually boots, they practically squealed with delight.)

Lawyers squealing with delight (over shoes, excessive fees, whatever...) is a particularly unsettling image that is going to stay with me.

9. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

10. vivalet

vivalet Senior member

Question:

If you take any two pairs of alden shoes with the same last and same size. And put the right shoe of one pair sole to sole with the left shoe of the other pair, will they always line up exactly? In other words, will an 11.5 barrie always have the exact same shape sole no matter what the top looks like or is made of?

I would answer this myself, but I do not have two pairs in the same last and size.

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Great looking saddle shoe uncle.

nephew,
    thank you

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Question:

If you take any two pairs of alden shoes with the same last and same size. And put the right shoe of one pair sole to sole with the left shoe of the other pair, will they always line up exactly? In other words, will an 11.5 barrie always have the exact same shape sole no matter what the top looks like or is made of?

I would answer this myself, but I do not have two pairs in the same last and size.

I wouldn't think so if they have different welts.

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Question:

Exact? No. I'd be surprised if every pair even matched up L/R.
    Sole measurement is a virtually useless metric for sizing.

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello tassels
    argyles otc

15. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Love the ravello in any shoe.

Uncle, do you ever wear socks that aren't argyle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.