***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Great shoes on the last few pages guys!

Here are a few pics of the last couple of days for me now that I have time to post...

Thursday Cigar Captoe Boots

[​IMG]

Trunks, those are dope and are just what I'm looking for, where did you get them?

and does anyone know if any retailer offers a ravello captoe boot?

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Wearing the aforeposted ravellos sockless tonight... First sockless voyage in them, wish me luck

3. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

If you are a 9.5 between a D and an E on the brannock I'd order a 9D, but they are your feet. I'm unfamiliar with Red Wings so I can't compare. Like I said before if you can't physically get fitted to the Indy order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit. Better to have to pay return shipping, then be unhappy.

red wings are sized longer than normal (like the trubalance), but their d width is narrow. the trubalance would be slightly wider, but only in the forefoot. i would go 1/2 size down from what you normally wear and keep the same width. the boot is supposed to have more room inside than a dress shoe, although some people size them snug.

Yeah, I just went with Ds. I think the width should be alright. I'll post my impressions on the sizing when I get them. Thanks for all the help lads.

4. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Yeah, I just went with Ds. I think the width should be alright. I'll post my impressions on the sizing when I get them. Thanks for all the help lads.
    Your welcome, I was afraid to recommend an E width as the heel might be too wide. Don't forget to post pics and enjoy wearing them.

5. REguy

REguy Senior member

I ran across an old thread on AAAC about vintage and unusual Aldens.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...l-Alden-Models

It made me remember a pair I got from Adam at AofC about 10 years ago. I didn't keep them (too small), but they were a medium brown suede, plain cap toe blucher on the Plaza. What made them really cool was extra large pinking and perfing along all the edges. I've never come across another make-up with that feature. Personally, I thought it was a really unique look that was straight out of the 20s or 30s but not so noticable that you'd have to wear a zoot suit with them. I hope one of the retailers might think about doing it again.

Anyone else remember that particular make-up or have other pairs in old-school patterns that aren't floating around anymore?

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Great shoes on the last few pages guys!

Here are a few pics of the last couple of days for me now that I have time to post...

Thursday Cigar Captoe Boots

[​IMG]

Yesterday Cigar LWB

[​IMG]

Have a great weekend guys!

good looking cigars!

7. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Anyone else remember that particular make-up or have other pairs in old-school patterns that aren't floating around anymore?

Steven at Leffot did a make-up of a vintage Alden called the Atom. Here's the link to that one:

http://blog.leffot.com/?s=atom

8. REguy

REguy Senior member

I was fortunate enought to snag a pair. I remember Steven telling me that the factory really isn't equipped to produce that pattern anymore so that was basically the last run they were going to do. Tassels did a run of the Atom as well and mentioned the same thing on their website. However, Unionmade has a run on order that appears to be going through since they're still up on the Unionmade website.

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey lhs
    argyles otc

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Trunks, those are dope and are just what I'm looking for, where did you get them? and does anyone know if any retailer offers a ravello captoe boot?
    Check the MTO Alden thread.

11. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

yeah saw that union made one too, looks exactly the same as Leffot's in burnished tan calf

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Hello,

I am not sure if this was a brannock device, but when I was at RW store. They had that automatic size calculator where you stick your foot in and it measures it for you. The machine said 9.5 in between E and D width. But, like I said I can fit in the 8.5 E and 9 E widths as I mentioned above. I did not try the D width. So, is the D width on Alden Indy's Trubalance bigger than D width in RW.

IME, the Trubalance last runs really wide. I would get the 9D, that will probably give you the best fit.

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    bucks
    argyles otc

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

FYI

Broken in, shined up cordovan loafers worn sockless are some of the best things you can wear in the spring/summer. The ravello tassels got many compliments last night

I continue to believe there aren't enough loafers (cordovan and suede) posted in this thread... They are great

15. forex

forex Senior member

[​IMG]
    bucks
    argyles otc

Your fetish for argyles is pretty disturbing,white bucks with argyle socks[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.