***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I wanted to order some Indy boots and I don't have a retailers nearby to try them out. I understand Indy boots run larger in width and length, but I am trying to get an idea of how much wider they are compared to Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots. My foot width is slightly bigger than D. In width E RWs, I can wear 8.5 and the length is just right and width is just right or a tad bit touchy. The size 9 length feels a bit long and width is just perfect. Would I be better off going for 9D or 9E in the Indy boots?

Any advice?

I have no familiarity with the Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots or how they are sized. What is your size measurement on the Brannock device?

2. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 8 lhs
    argyles otc

Looking sharp uncle. Love the edgetrim on the soles, it really sets them apart from the run of the mill #8 LHS.

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar tassels
    argyles otc

[​IMG]

4. 925

925 Well-Known Member

i know i'm late, are these navy suede plain toe still available anywhere?
    in 7E hopefully?

[​IMG]

5. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

i know i'm late, are these navy suede plain toe still available anywhere?
    in 7E hopefully?

[​IMG]

Try contacting Bryson or Tom at Leather Soul, you might get lucky.

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Freshly shined cordovan tassels, taken outside on the rooftop of my building Alden X Leffot Ravello [​IMG] Alden X Leffot Ravello on Left Ralph Lauren (by Crockett and Jones) Darlton Dark Brown on Right [​IMG]

7. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

[​IMG]

Not really a boot guy but had to grab myself one of these. [​IMG]

My vote for shoe of the year (so far [​IMG] ).

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Uh...is it weird that I'm in my house cooking dinner and I'm wearing my brand new wing tip high boots? By the way, these are my very first pair of Aldens. Just got them yesterday. I'm so thrilled, I about peed myself when I opened the box. And now, after wearing them for nearly 18 hours yesterday, I'm in my kitchen wearing wing tips. Any minute now, my wife is going to come in and say either, "What the hell are you doing wearing your shoes in the house?" or "Dang, honey. You look sharp. Take me now."

very nice
    enjoy wearing

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Looking sharp uncle. Love the edgetrim on the soles, it really sets them apart from the run of the mill #8 LHS.

thank you

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Freshly shined cordovan tassels, taken outside on the rooftop of my building

Alden X Leffot
    Ravello

[​IMG]

Alden X Leffot Ravello on Left
    Ralph Lauren (by Crockett and Jones) Darlton Dark Brown on Right

[​IMG]

good looking tassels

11. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

Great shoes on the last few pages guys! Here are a few pics of the last couple of days for me now that I have time to post... Thursday Cigar Captoe Boots [​IMG] Yesterday Cigar LWB [​IMG] Have a great weekend guys!

12. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

Nice boots! The caps are classy and the short wings are my fave.

13. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

What's your size on the brannock device? The Trubalance is a wide last, the general rule of thumb is to size down a half size. Some people size down a full size while other people don't have to size down at all. I'd order a couple sizes and keep the one that fits the best, then return the rest.
    I have no familiarity with the Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots or how they are sized. What is your size measurement on the Brannock device?
    Hello, I am not sure if this was a brannock device, but when I was at RW store. They had that automatic size calculator where you stick your foot in and it measures it for you. The machine said 9.5 in between E and D width. But, like I said I can fit in the 8.5 E and 9 E widths as I mentioned above. I did not try the D width. So, is the D width on Alden Indy's Trubalance bigger than D width in RW.

14. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Hello, I am not sure if this was a brannock device, but when I was at RW store. They had that automatic size calculator where you stick your foot in and it measures it for you. The machine said 9.5 in between E and D width. But, like I said I can fit in the 8.5 E and 9 E widths as I mentioned above. I did not try the D width. So, is the D width on Alden Indy's Trubalance bigger than D width in RW.
    If you are a 9.5 between a D and an E on the brannock I'd order a 9D, but they are your feet. I'm unfamiliar with Red Wings so I can't compare. Like I said before if you can't physically get fitted to the Indy order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit. Better to have to pay return shipping, then be unhappy.

15. marg

marg Senior member

red wings are sized longer than normal (like the trubalance), but their d width is narrow. the trubalance would be slightly wider, but only in the forefoot. i would go 1/2 size down from what you normally wear and keep the same width. the boot is supposed to have more room inside than a dress shoe, although some people size them snug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.