***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick

rick Senior member

I just received a pair of tan suede v-tips that I ordered online and was told they were on the barrie last, but they seem to fit incredibly snug as compared to all my other barrie shoes and boots. I was wondering if anyone could confirm the last of the shoes based on the following numbers on the inside of the shoe: top line - 0B22 028 7; bottom line - 877017. I am thinking they might actually be on the Hampton last and just wanted to see if there was any way to definitively figure it out. I am worried I might be going crazy. [​IMG] Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would call tom at LSH

2. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar straight tip blucher argyles otc

Very nice! I have this shoe in #8. Is yours on the Aberdeen last like mine? The captoe blucher has a bit more presence than the more common captoe bal. A very versatile shoe, I've found, that works as well with denim as with a suit.

3. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

has anyone received the shoemart Alden seconds email? The last one I got was on April.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

has anyone received the shoemart Alden seconds email? The last one I got was on April.
    Sadly, I have not.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Sadly, I have not.
    I haven't received one in 6 months [​IMG]

6. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I asked them to send me one out a couple of weeks ago and they said their computer system was down and the emails weren't going out for some reason. They were trying to fix it unsuccessfully.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

8. jslade

jslade Senior member

Can someone let me know how Indy 405s will hold up in snow provided that I condition them properly with some Lexol or whatnot? I won't be trudging through mounds of snow or anything, but I'm thinking of using them as winter boots in Michigan weather.

Thanks in advance!

9. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Can someone let me know how Indy 405s will hold up in snow provided that I condition them properly with some Lexol or whatnot? I won't be trudging through mounds of snow or anything, but I'm thinking of using them as winter boots in Michigan weather.

Thanks in advance!

The boots will hold up fine. I wore mine throughout last winter through London and the Northeast US without any issue. Some folks have complained about the soles on the 405s not being suitable for slippery weather though. I haven't had that issue but your mileage may vary.

10. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Thanks in advance!

I guess the big question is where/what are you doing in Michigan? If you're going to be eating Zingerman's corned beef sandwiches and pretending to study in Ann Arbor, they'll be fine (subject to the caveat that the previous poster mentioned about the soles). If you're going to be working electrical lines in the UP, get some Sorels.

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Grainy Indoor Shot Yesterday

[​IMG]

Rainy Outdoor Shots Today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nutcracker

nutcracker Senior member Dubiously Honored

According to Marc at shoe mart, they received the latest seconds shipment from alden, and We're supposed to get the list anytime soon.

14. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior member

For anyone that has shoes or boots in natural chromexcel, how does it age? Will it darken over time?

15. Kenal0

Kenal0 Active Member

I posted this elsewhere but figured I'd post it here too.

You may be tying your shoes wrong.

I've been doing it wrong all these years!:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/terry_moore...our_shoes.html

This really works!

So far I have tried this on hockey skates, running shoes and my work shoes. It worked on all three.
    No more double knots for me. This is really one of the best things I have learned lately.
    Thanks

Kenal0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.