***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Those 5% that wear Trubalance in their TTS, half sized down for Barrie.

Crazy Math

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Guys,
    I have decided to save my money and buy these instead of the new make-ups people have been talking about. I hope you like them, and if people want them, I know where we could get a group buy discount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though I won't lie I did wear shoes like this as an 18/19 year old

3. sazon

sazon Senior member

Gents, I am very sorry for that picture. Someone has hacked my account and sent that picture as joke it seems. It was just a sick joke. I will not answer any more questions about this picture.

Gents, on further consideration I can not say with certainty that these shoes are not mine. It may have been on my hard drive. Pictures get doctored. Files get dropped and dragged. This was obviously a cruel prank. I am not answering any further questions about this picture.

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

^^ Similar to some nice Kenneth Coles I once had...I mean, that I saw....[​IMG]

5. tgtg

tgtg Member

Generally, Trubalance size = Barrie size. Tom has said in the past, I remember, that 95% of his customers took the same size. Those 5% that wear Trubalance in their TTS, half sized down for Barrie.
    Just as an additional data point, if you have flat feet (as I do) this may not hold. The overall additional volume of Trubalance (indy boots in this case) led me to go a full size down. Barrie's a full size down don't fit me though. A half size drop there seems right.

Summary: try really hard to try both on before buying.

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

I believe the Trubalance was created specifically for peeps with foot problems. The Alden web site has some good info on it:

The Trubalance Last was designed to fit from the normal foot shape to the extremely pronated heavy foot with square forefoot or splay foot. The Trubalance has a wide ball tread, straight inner border and broad outer border with much lateral displacement. It is our highest and widest toe last with very roomy walled inner and outer borders. It is our most commodious last for foot deformities such as hammer toes, overlapping toes, enlarged joints, etc. At the same time it is the best last to accommodate prescribed corrections, particularly full plantar inserts. In spite of these accommodation features, the Trubalance will retain control at the heel so that the foot remains in balance on the correction and will not rotate or slide forward within the shoe.
    The Trubalance will also fit a Pes Cavus type foot well and particularly well when plantar inserts are prescribed; this in the past has always been a problem.
    With or without prescribed corrections, the Trubalance.Last will offer the fitter the most commodious forepart, plentiful depth and shank width while retaining a snug heel control. It is a must for the congenital square shaped Pes Planus.
    With precise fitting, the Trubalance Last will produce the most gratifying results. It is most dependable and versatile in its uses.

I wear orthodic inserts and for someone who routinely has foot pain after being on his feet for awhile, shoes on this last are EXTREMELY well fighting and comfortable.

Well done. i appreciate your insight on this matter

7. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Personally, I can hardly feel any difference between the Trubalance and the Barrie. Barrie is a tiny bit tighter for me but I wear the same size in both.

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

Well, I guess one thing the trubalance last won't do is make one a better speller.

"Fighting" should been "fitting" in my post.

Never once fought in my Indy boots.

9. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I've never owned a Trubalance show, but I have a few on the Barrie last. Can someone provide a description of how the two differ?

The Trubalance last is an odd and sometimes frustrating last to me. It's really wide; even when I size down a half size from my Brannock measurement, it's too wide for me to wear comfortably without using thick socks. If I size down a full size, the width is right with dress socks, but the length borders on being too short. I haven't tried sizing down widths yet on this last, but that may be the way to go.

The Barrie, by comparison, is a lot more straightforward of a fit for me. To me, it just fits like a shoe that is a half-size bigger than marked.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] Indy 403 with the Oxblood RRL Jeans

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

[​IMG]

Indy 403 with the Oxblood RRL Jeans

This is dope. Nice job.

12. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

my cordovan boots had small little welts after walking through a downpour.
    I let them dry a day or so, but there are still very faint welts that i cant seem to get rid off,
    any ideas to get rid of them completely? [​IMG]

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG]

Indy 403 with the Oxblood RRL Jeans

The best part about this pic is all the comparison pant/shoe combos in the background. [​IMG]

14. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

my cordovan boots had small little welts after walking through a downpour.
    I let them dry a day or so, but there are still very faint welts that i cant seem to get rid off,
    any ideas to get rid of them completely? [​IMG]

Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush and more brush.

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

^ Brush a little daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.