• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Guys,
I have decided to save my money and buy these instead of the new make-ups people have been talking about. I hope you like them, and if people want them, I know where we could get a group buy discount.

kenneth-cole-ny-town-hall.jpg

frown.gif

Though I won't lie I did wear shoes like this as an 18/19 year old

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I am very sorry for that picture. Someone has hacked my account and sent that picture as joke it seems. It was just a sick joke. I will not answer any more questions about this picture.

Gents, on further consideration I can not say with certainty that these shoes are not mine. It may have been on my hard drive. Pictures get doctored. Files get dropped and dragged. This was obviously a cruel prank. I am not answering any further questions about this picture.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Similar to some nice Kenneth Coles I once had...I mean, that I saw....
facepalm.gif

tgtg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Generally, Trubalance size = Barrie size. Tom has said in the past, I remember, that 95% of his customers took the same size. Those 5% that wear Trubalance in their TTS, half sized down for Barrie.
Just as an additional data point, if you have flat feet (as I do) this may not hold. The overall additional volume of Trubalance (indy boots in this case) led me to go a full size down. Barrie's a full size down don't fit me though. A half size drop there seems right.

Summary: try really hard to try both on before buying.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe the Trubalance was created specifically for peeps with foot problems. The Alden web site has some good info on it:

The Trubalance Last was designed to fit from the normal foot shape to the extremely pronated heavy foot with square forefoot or splay foot. The Trubalance has a wide ball tread, straight inner border and broad outer border with much lateral displacement. It is our highest and widest toe last with very roomy walled inner and outer borders. It is our most commodious last for foot deformities such as hammer toes, overlapping toes, enlarged joints, etc. At the same time it is the best last to accommodate prescribed corrections, particularly full plantar inserts. In spite of these accommodation features, the Trubalance will retain control at the heel so that the foot remains in balance on the correction and will not rotate or slide forward within the shoe.
The Trubalance will also fit a Pes Cavus type foot well and particularly well when plantar inserts are prescribed; this in the past has always been a problem.
With or without prescribed corrections, the Trubalance.Last will offer the fitter the most commodious forepart, plentiful depth and shank width while retaining a snug heel control. It is a must for the congenital square shaped Pes Planus.
With precise fitting, the Trubalance Last will produce the most gratifying results. It is most dependable and versatile in its uses.

I wear orthodic inserts and for someone who routinely has foot pain after being on his feet for awhile, shoes on this last are EXTREMELY well fighting and comfortable.

Well done. i appreciate your insight on this matter

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess one thing the trubalance last won't do is make one a better speller.

"Fighting" should been "fitting" in my post.

Never once fought in my Indy boots.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
I've never owned a Trubalance show, but I have a few on the Barrie last. Can someone provide a description of how the two differ?

The Trubalance last is an odd and sometimes frustrating last to me. It's really wide; even when I size down a half size from my Brannock measurement, it's too wide for me to wear comfortably without using thick socks. If I size down a full size, the width is right with dress socks, but the length borders on being too short. I haven't tried sizing down widths yet on this last, but that may be the way to go.

The Barrie, by comparison, is a lot more straightforward of a fit for me. To me, it just fits like a shoe that is a half-size bigger than marked.

lxlfeng

Reaction score
my cordovan boots had small little welts after walking through a downpour.
I let them dry a day or so, but there are still very faint welts that i cant seem to get rid off,
any ideas to get rid of them completely?
plain.gif

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
DSC00495.jpg

Indy 403 with the Oxblood RRL Jeans

The best part about this pic is all the comparison pant/shoe combos in the background.
biggrin.gif

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lxlfeng
my cordovan boots had small little welts after walking through a downpour.
I let them dry a day or so, but there are still very faint welts that i cant seem to get rid off,
any ideas to get rid of them completely?
plain.gif

Brush, brush, brush, brush, brush and more brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads