Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

+1

I'd get on that train as well.

Same here

2. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

3. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a whiskey Indy boot made up needs to call Kathy at the Alden DC store @ 1-(202)-347-2308

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a ravello captoe boot made up needs to email Steven @ [email protected].

The only way either one of these boots could possibly get produced is to take the time out of your day and express interest to either retailer. I'm in for either pair and have called Kathy already and will email Steven today.

4. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a whiskey Indy boot made up needs to call Kathy at the Alden DC store @ 1-(202)-347-2308 Anyone who's interested in trying to get a ravello captoe boot made up needs to email Steven @ [email protected]. The only way either one of these boots could possibly get produced is to take the time out of your day and express interest to either retailer. I'm in for either pair and have called Kathy already and will email Steven today.
    Thanks for posting this. I'm certainly considering it although I'd much prefer an Indy Boot in Ravello.

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar nst
    argyles otc

6. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a whiskey Indy boot made up needs to call Kathy at the Alden DC store @ 1-(202)-347-2308

Anyone who's interested in trying to get a ravello captoe boot made up needs to email Steven @ [email protected].

The only way either one of these boots could possibly get produced is to take the time out of your day and express interest to either retailer. I'm in for either pair and have called Kathy already and will email Steven today.

Who decided that we have to contact Kathy for one and Steven for the other? Not trying to be difficult but I'm a little curious how this fell into place.

7. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Who decided that we have to contact Kathy for one and Steven for the other? Not trying to be difficult but I'm a little curious how this fell into place.

My guess is that Kathy has shown in the past to be receptive to makeup suggestions and Stephen has sold the Ravello captoe boot before.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

cigar nst argyles otc
    Beautiful shoes, uncle. Love the color. Are these the shoes just posted on the Leffot blog?

9. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

My guess is that Kathy has shown in the past to be receptive to makeup suggestions and Stephen has sold the Ravello captoe boot before.
    That is correct. I'm just trying to generate interest in a special makeup boot from a retailer. I wouldn't be opposed to a ravello Indy, either. The more SF members who express interest, the greater the chance of getting a special makeup produced. I guess a consensus or poll should've been taken before this whole thing started up as to what boot we'd like to have made.

10. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

Received my black wingtip boots today.

[​IMG]

11. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Received my black wingtip boots today.

[​IMG]

AOC AF107? Very nice and enjoy wearing them.

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

On the special makeups that are being discussed; is there a way we can get better organized on this? I am interested in a ravello boot, a whiskey boot etc. etc. but if we are calling/emailing different places with different requests not sure it can work.
    What about us getting or shit together and asking Tom to help us out before going to someone else?

13. rick

rick Senior member

On the special makeups that are being discussed; is there a way we can get better organized on this? I am interested in a ravello boot, a whiskey boot etc. etc. but if we are calling/emailing different places with different requests not sure it can work.
    What about us getting or shit together and asking Tom to help us out before going to someone else?

\\

tom in the past has said if we get enough orders and alden has the pattern he will do it. i also remember that tom said it would be hard to do any exotic shell, cigar, ravello etc. calling tom.

14. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

That is correct. I'm just trying to generate interest in a special makeup boot from a retailer. I wouldn't be opposed to a ravello Indy, either. The more SF members who express interest, the greater the chance of getting a special makeup produced. I guess a consensus or poll should've been taken before this whole thing started up as to what boot we'd like to have made.

I don't think it is interest that is causing these to not get made. ravello boots fly off the shelves whenever they are made, its the supply that is much harder.

though, getting in on pre-order does make it more likely that you will actually be able to buy a pair

15. Renton

Renton Senior member

Email sent, but how many people need to email him to get the project started?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.