***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick

rick Senior member

+1

I'd get on that train as well.

+2

2. rick

rick Senior member

Yup, with almost nothing in my size. [​IMG]

i guess i was lucky i snagged a 10.5d barrie v-tip

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

friends - a few months back when Mcarthur posted a pic of his ravello medallion captoes and we learned that they came from Alden of DC, some of us made some calls to Kathy at the store and requested that she re-make the shoe.

well, all the calls worked because Kathy did make an order for the shoe, due this fall.

Chatting with Kathy this week, she asked what special make-ups were on my wish list. I asked if she would consider an Indy boot in Whiskey with commando soles. She said that she would think about this as a possibility for Spring '12 delivery.

Mcarthur has a pair like this (not sure of the soles) and they are super-sweet. I believe his were made by LeatherSoul.

How 'bout it folks? Anyone interested in letting Kathy know we'd love to see that boot made up?

indy boot by tom
    [​IMG]
    double leather sole

4. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

indy boot by tom
    [​IMG]
    double leather sole

Nice...
    Called Kathy earlier today, gave her my phone number in case she decided to go with Whiskey Indy boots, we need more interest for her to order this one.

5. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

How about Ravello Indy boots with commando/waterloc leather?

+1

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Nice...
    Called Kathy earlier today, gave her my phone number in case she decided to go with Whiskey Indy boots, we need more interest for her to order this one.

has anyone asked her about the other special order for ravello captoes?

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

has anyone asked her about the other special order for ravello captoes?

Which other one? The captoe as a boot?

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

friends - a few months back when Mcarthur posted a pic of his ravello medallion captoes and we learned that they came from Alden of DC, some of us made some calls to Kathy at the store and requested that she re-make the shoe.

well, all the calls worked because Kathy did make an order for the shoe, due this fall.

Chatting with Kathy this week, she asked what special make-ups were on my wish list. I asked if she would consider an Indy boot in Whiskey with commando soles. She said that she would think about this as a possibility for Spring '12 delivery.

Mcarthur has a pair like this (not sure of the soles) and they are super-sweet. I believe his were made by LeatherSoul.

How 'bout it folks? Anyone interested in letting Kathy know we'd love to see that boot made up?

nevermind this answered me

9. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

+2

+ 3 for sure. Those are alot like the Leffot pair I posted earlier, but they have extra stitching near the top. Both are quite lovely.

As soon as some retailer say's they're going to make them I'll sign up immediately!

Here is the Leffot pair again...

[​IMG]

I emailed Steven and he asked for my size in case they decide to do another run so if other SFers are interested in a Ravello captoe boot as well maybe you all could email him too and we could make this boot happen again! (for less than the pair at Tassels would be due to them coming in internationally).

Email Steven at\t
    [email protected]

10. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

Which other one? The captoe as a boot?
    No he's talking about the "mcarthur" make up as the "other special makeup (not the Whiskey Indy people are talking about) If you're interested in the Ravello captoe see my above post.

To add something to this thread, I snapped some pics of my Jcrew Alden captoes in the sun the other day.

[​IMG]

I just love the rich color of #8

11. Renton

Renton Senior member

+ 3 for sure. Those are alot like the Leffot pair I posted earlier, but they have extra stitching near the top. Both are quite lovely.

As soon as some retailer say's they're going to make them I'll sign up immediately!

[​IMG]

I emailed Steven and he asked for my size in case they decide to do another run so if other SFers are interested in a Ravello captoe boot as well maybe you all could email him too and we could make this boot happen again! (for less than the pair at Tassels would be due to them coming in internationally).

Email Steven at\t
    [email protected]

Would Steven do odd sizing for a special run of boots? I've asked him about putting my barrie last size (10 1/2 EE) for one of his orders and he wasn't too receptive.

12. sazon

sazon Senior member

indy boot by tom
    [​IMG]
    double leather sole

Stunning shoe Uncle.

Thanks to the folks showing some interest and calling Kathy. Maybe we can get this one made up. Would be a wonderful thing to look forward to 9 months from now!

13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

[​IMG]

Email Steven at\t
    [email protected]

I like that one a lot. Would like it even better with a punched cap.

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

More Whiskey Indy from Tom.
    Seeing Mac's made me slip mine on today too.
    [​IMG]

15. srivats

srivats Senior member

^ I really really wish Alden would get back to doing the regular stitching for shell indys. The NST style handsewn look does not look good for cordovan indy boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.