***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Really beautiful.
    Thanks! Love the pics you've been posting, those whiskey balmoral cap toes that you picked up are gorgeous.

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Thanks! Love the pics you've been posting, those whiskey balmoral cap toes that you picked up are gorgeous.
    High five!

3. kippy

kippy Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of Whisky PTB in 9.5E? I keep locating D widths but no one seems to carry a pair in 9.5E [​IMG]

I checked Shoemart, Leffot, nada...Help!

4. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

^ Whiskey, Cigar, Ravello will mostly be available in D widths only unless you do a pre-order from a stockist and wait for a very long time.

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of Whisky PTB in 9.5E? I keep locating D widths but no one seems to carry a pair in 9.5E [​IMG]

I checked Shoemart, Leffot, nada...Help!

Alden San Francisco had these in E widths a while back. They did not last very long (at least not in my size).

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello ptb
    argyles otc

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

friends - a few months back when Mcarthur posted a pic of his ravello medallion captoes and we learned that they came from Alden of DC, some of us made some calls to Kathy at the store and requested that she re-make the shoe.

well, all the calls worked because Kathy did make an order for the shoe, due this fall.

Chatting with Kathy this week, she asked what special make-ups were on my wish list. I asked if she would consider an Indy boot in Whiskey with commando soles. She said that she would think about this as a possibility for Spring '12 delivery.

Mcarthur has a pair like this (not sure of the soles) and they are super-sweet. I believe his were made by LeatherSoul.

How 'bout it folks? Anyone interested in letting Kathy know we'd love to see that boot made up?

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] Cordovan PTB for Brooks Brothers

10. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

friends - a few months back when Mcarthur posted a pic of his ravello medallion captoes and we learned that they came from Alden of DC, some of us made some calls to Kathy at the store and requested that she re-make the shoe.

well, all the calls worked because Kathy did make an order for the shoe, due this fall.

Chatting with Kathy this week, she asked what special make-ups were on my wish list. I asked if she would consider an Indy boot in Whiskey with commando soles. She said that she would think about this as a possibility for Spring '12 delivery.

Mcarthur has a pair like this (not sure of the soles) and they are super-sweet. I believe his were made by LeatherSoul.

How 'bout it folks? Anyone interested in letting Kathy know we'd love to see that boot made up?

How about Ravello Indy boots with commando/waterloc leather?

11. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

My Holy Grail Aldens would be the Ravello Hunting Boots that Tassel's did a few years back (here's the link: http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to...ails.php?id=32 ) or anything in the Scotch Grain shell.

12. kippy

kippy Senior member

Alden San Francisco had these in E widths a while back. They did not last very long (at least not in my size).

Thanks Pastor. I will check in with them.

I guess the other option is to slice off 1/8 inch of flesh from each foot and buy the D width. That seems to be the easier way to get a pair of the Alden shoes I want. [​IMG]

13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I'd be in for that. I'll give Kathy a call next week.

14. kaputt

kaputt New Member

Some random img's that I have in my photobucket acount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

very nice

15. number9dream

number9dream Senior member

^Those cigar LWBs have aged wonderfully! It's a fantastic shoe that needs to be in my collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.