***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

AoC was a bad exprience, i tried ordering a pair there like 6 months ago, after emails back and forth about fit, i placed an order and AoC discovers the shoes arent there. I was emailing him for a couple of days, at no point he thought to check the inventory. Then he refuses to give me any kind of free shipping because of his mistake. Oh btw he kept giving me trouble because i asked him about whether i can return, if my 2nd choice shoes didnt fit me. After a few more emails i decided he was just giving me a hard time and didnt want my business. Went with winn perry and Jordan was great... too bad they closed.
    haha, thats funny. I had a similar experience with Adam. I wanted a boot and I told him my size. He kept insisting that the boot would be too small. After 5 emails I just decided against them entirely. They have the worst/most restrictive return policy of any retailer. Clothing or non clothing

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]From Alden of Carmel. Kudu Wingtip Boot
    sick boot

haha, thats funny. I had a similar experience with Adam. I wanted a boot and I told him my size. He kept insisting that the boot would be too small. After 5 emails I just decided against them entirely. They have the worst/most restrictive return policy of any retailer. Clothing or non clothing
    AoC is something else, im sorry but alden is not high class enough for than kind of "snobbism"

3. natesjuice

natesjuice Member

thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. i just wanted to say that it was never really a customer service issue with adam. i bought shoes from him before and it is true, he always responds to my emails promptly and courteously. i was just irked by the fact that i was not allowed to exchange them. that copy n paste of adam's email was in response to this email i sent:

"hi adam, i'd rather exchange them if possible. do you have any size 6's left in stock?"

if he didn't have any shoes left in my size i believe he would've stated that in his email (which he didn't). that's why i wrote that it was "weird". also, it would have been nice if he did his own inspection of the shoes before mailing them out (like what alden of dc did for 'imatlas'). then this all could have been avoided.
    as of now i'm leaning towards returning them but its hard for me to decide because my size is very difficult to come by. when shoe stores do their stock runs they usually order size 7 and up, which i totally understand because its a business and it gives them the best chance to sell out their inventory.
    thanks again everyone ... its always nice to hear both sides

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. i just wanted to say that it was never really a customer service issue with adam. i bought shoes from him before and it is true, he always responds to my emails promptly and courteously. i was just irked by the fact that i was not allowed to exchange them. that copy n paste of adam's email was in response to this email i sent: "hi adam, i'd rather exchange them if possible. do you have any size 6's left in stock?" if he didn't have any shoes left in my size i believe he would've stated that in his email (which he didn't). that's why i wrote that it was "weird". also, it would have been nice if he did his own inspection of the shoes before mailing them out (like what alden of dc did for 'imatlas'). then this all could have been avoided. as of now i'm leaning towards returning them but its hard for me to decide because my size is very difficult to come by. when shoe stores do their stock runs they usually order size 7 and up, which i totally understand because its a business and it gives them the best chance to sell out their inventory. thanks again everyone ... its always nice to hear both sides
    i know what you mean. I am 12 and its hard to find my size. It sounds like you might just return them, which in my opinion is the right thing to do. That mark is just too noticeable

5. vivalet

vivalet Senior member

I'm soooo jealous! I have wanted that boot for years, but they have not had my size and are not reordering. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Alden of Carmel. Kudu Wingtip Boot

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

NAMOR, that's a gorgeous pic. I'm pretty much convinced now that this is the next boot for me. Can you tell me what pants those are?

Great composition, btw.

- K

7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

NAMOR, that's a gorgeous pic. I'm pretty much convinced now that this is the next boot for me. Can you tell me what pants those are?

Great composition, btw.

- K

Pretty sure those are RRL selvedge officer chinos.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Pretty sure those are RRL selvedge officer chinos.
    Thanks, Zippy.

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

NST Saddles
    Epaulet Chambray
    Marcoliani OTC Argyles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. arrow

arrow Senior member

^^Nice Style!

AF95
    Alden of Carmel

[​IMG]

11. Cali

Cali Senior member

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Looks like Sherman Bros has them for sale:

http://www.shermanbrothers.com/produ...ent=sh1118_212

Yeah, I saw those. Though the ones in the pic before look like they were calfskin, not shell.

13. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

OC AF95...Thanks Adam
    [​IMG]
    Hipstamatic Bonus Pic
    [​IMG]
    Whiskey PTB...Thank You Kathy
    [​IMG]
    Hipstamatic Bonus Pic
    [​IMG]

14. forex

forex Senior member

Selling these two pair,first pair brand new on plaza last,second worn a few times also on plaza last. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]

Really beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.