***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I wear my cigar indy boots at least 2-3 times/week walking about 1 mile/day. The heels went in about 9 months. The soles are still going strong. Topies will be used on my next aldens. Just more practical for heavy usage.
    I wear my 405s about the same but have heavy wear at toe and heel. I walk about 4-5 km a day (I know I walk a lot) and the heel is gone in 3 months, the toe is almost worn out. Going to NYC soon, so will resole with Commando sole at bnelson and we'll see how long that lasts.
    Those look great. What other Aldens did Nomad have? The ones you bought weren't listed on their website.
    When I was there the other day, they had 2 PTBs, a suede Indy shoe, and some brown longwings along with the 2 Indy boots. $565CAD so I didn't bite, but may have if their styles had appealed to me more. I'm still contemplating the Snuff Suede Indy from LS. Probably will contemplate too long and it will be sold out, thus saving me money. lol

2. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

^Odd I/O and wj4, you guys are right, I guess I could have gotten a natural colour rubber to blend in with the sole but I wanted to match the heel which already had the black rubber.

^Odd I/O, I actually got one of the workers at Nomad to take a pic of all the Alden dress shoes they have. I didn't ask him to take pics of the Indy's. Let me get them up in the next few minutes

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

very nice!

Seriously. those are beautiful.

4. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

I wear my 405s about the same but have heavy wear at toe and heel. I walk about 4-5 km a day (I know I walk a lot) and the heel is gone in 3 months, the toe is almost worn out. Going to NYC soon, so will resole with Commando sole at bnelson and we'll see how long that lasts.

Interested how the Commando sole wll work out for you. I think that is what I will have them put on when mine finally wear out.
    At the rate I wear mine it will probably be a few years though.

5. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

ok here are the other Aldens that Nomad currently has.

Can any of you Alden experts tell me(from looking at the pic alone) if the first pair of Black Alden's are made from cordovan leather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

ok here are the other Aldens that Nomad currently has.

Can any of you Alden experts tell me(from looking at the pic alone) if the first pair of Black Alden's are made from cordovan leather.
    [​IMG]

They look like cordovan to me but that's 75% wild ass guess.

7. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

If they are in fact cordovan leather is the $565 retail price tag very reasonable ?

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

If they are in fact cordovan leather is the $565 retail price tag very reasonable ?

well that's a normal price, yeah

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That sound like the price for cordovan before the last price increase a few months ago.
    Sound pretty high if they're calf.
    I have no idea how prices translate to Canada though.
    What's the price in relation to the other shoes?

10. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

Will there be a place on the shoe that says whether or not that they are cordovan or not...Is there a stamp or some kinda marking on the inside of shoe with this info?

I paid 545 minus 15% off for my pair....but tax is 13% here..so basically paid just under $545 when it was all said and done =)

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

They look like cordovan to me but that's 75% wild ass guess.

Hard to tell in this pic but they sorta don't look like cordovan to me. I think black cordovan is much shinier generally. It can almost look like patent leather sometimes.

12. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Hard to tell in this pic but they sorta don't look like cordovan to me. I think black cordovan is much shinier generally. It can almost look like patent leather sometimes.
    They look like shell to me. The model number for the black shell cordovan plain toe blucher is 9901 which could be found on the inside of the shoe. It would also be stamped on the sole (usually the case) if it was shell cordovan. Nice pair either way.

13. vivalet

vivalet Senior member

love your recent posts! Great shoes, great taste!

Maybe include a description of what you are posting so we know? And since your pants are also always nice, id them too!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

this is 100% win

very nice!

Kgmessier,

Really appreciate your pic posts!

Seriously. those are beautiful.

Thanks, guys. I got them from Srivats in one of his crazy shell cordovan purges. He really knows how to treat his shoes.

Gorgeous - - ravello captoes on the Grant last?

Whiskey caps on the Aberdeen. The last runs on the long side, but narrow as well.

love your recent posts! Great shoes, great taste!

Maybe include a description of what you are posting so we know? And since your pants are also always nice, id them too!!

Thank you, sir. I'll do this in the future. The trousers are tattersalls from Epaulet.

- Keith

15. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

The nomad ones are not Shell Cordovan. I've handled them in person and, moreover, asked the owner who ordered them in the first place. He said "Toronto was not ready for shell cordovan" which sadly I had to agree with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.