***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collectro

Collectro Member

Does anyone know where I could order laces like the ones on these snuff suede Indy boots from LS?
    I am looking for different colours. I believe these are waxed, right?
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

+1. Also looking for Alden laces. Would appreciate the help

order these from the Alden SF shop and ask for 54" brown flat cordo-hide laces. They are the dark brown, flat, waxed laces that come with alot of the Alden boots. I just got 4 replacement pairs for my WP tanks and they are what they originally came with.
    email them and ask what other colors they come in.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

order these from the Alden SF shop and ask for 54" brown flat cordo-hide laces. They are the dark brown, flat, waxed laces that come with alot of the Alden boots. I just got 4 replacement pairs for my WP tanks and they are what they originally came with.

[​IMG] thanks! this is exactly what i had in mind

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So I went into Renner's about a week ago and bought some Alden Indys. I wore them around for two days and unfortunately found that the stitching on the back near the sole had been faulty and that the back panel was coming loose. I took it back in to Renner's, they called Alden, and they asked that it be sent in for evaluation.

Has anyone had any experience with this? The fellow at Renner's said they'll probably look at it for a minute and make sure its a manufacturing error, repair it, and ship it right back. Anyone have any idea what the turnaround time for something like this typically is?

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

5. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

So I went into Renner's about a week ago and bought some Alden Indys. I wore them around for two days and unfortunately found that the stitching on the back near the sole had been faulty and that the back panel was coming loose. I took it back in to Renner's, they called Alden, and they asked that it be sent in for evaluation.

Has anyone had any experience with this? The fellow at Renner's said they'll probably look at it for a minute and make sure its a manufacturing error, repair it, and ship it right back. Anyone have any idea what the turnaround time for something like this typically is?

I had a stitching repair done on Indy boots at the Alden factory take about 10 days from shipping it out to receiving it back. That includes a weekend, so 7 business days. I included instructions to have them ship it back directly to my house, although Renner's might insist on having it shipped back to them. Either way, it should work out fine. Original factory work that fast is impressive IMO.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those look familiar. [​IMG]

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I had a stitching repair done on Indy boots at the Alden factory take about 10 days from shipping it out to receiving it back. That includes a weekend, so 7 business days. I included instructions to have them ship it back directly to my house, although Renner's might insist on having it shipped back to them. Either way, it should work out fine. Original factory work that fast is impressive IMO.

Thanks for the reply. It's gonna be hell waiting for these babies to get back. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. astris

astris Senior member

9. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Thanks for the heads up.

10. borderline

borderline Senior member

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Looking great mac! Just purchased the whiskey LWB today and they arrive at my house on Thursday. [​IMG]

thank you
    remember the break in procedure

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

good looking shoes

13. scb

scb Senior member

wedding in a few weeks in north carolina

wearing charcoal pencil stripe suit. whiskey longwings or cigar ptb?
    rehearsal dinner night before - told to wear khaki or stone chino and jacket/tie. want to wear navy suede ptb but maybe not the best idea with a navy sportcoat?

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    color 8 monk strap
    argyles otc

15. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

wedding in a few weeks in north carolina

wearing charcoal pencil stripe suit. whiskey longwings or cigar ptb?
    rehearsal dinner night before - told to wear khaki or stone chino and jacket/tie. want to wear navy suede ptb but maybe not the best idea with a navy sportcoat?

my vote is whiskey for the wedding and cigar for the rehearsal dinner. the whiskey will be a fantastic contrast to the charcoal suit and cigar sounds perfect for the other outfit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.