***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

You are a retard.

what is your problem dude? [​IMG] it's totally subjective

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

mhmm. earlier today i put him on my ignore list. wish i had done it sooner.

[​IMG] About the time he couldn't figure out how to string together "bureau" and "trickers" in a search?

3. Hot Dog Day #49

4. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

Having him on ignore made the forum much more tolerable.

Ditto

5. Hot Dog Day #49

6. miran

miran Senior member

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but can someone figure out what is wrong with these boots? what's causing this wrinkling?

I recently got a 403, Size 10D.

All my life since i"ve been an adult, I've worn 11D in American shoes and 45.5 (11.5D) in Italian/Swiss shoes, and 10.5 in English shoes.
    The powers that be determined my trubalance size to be 10D, based on Brannock measurements of my foot.

The 403s fit my foot perfectly. The length is perfect, in the sense that my foot just sits in there, it cannot be pushed forward or backwards at all. The width is a bit snug but comfy. While walking, my foot is not sliding inside the shoe at all.
    After wearing for 2 hours once, I get this horrible "wrinkling" on the uppers of the boot, that you can see in the photo.

Worn another 2-3 hours walking, wrinkling gets worse, and my foot feels odd in the shoes after wearing for a long time.

What is wrong? Too small?

For comparison, the last photo shows a pair of loafers that I've worn many times, and you can see where and how the "wrinkling" happens there. The loafers are size UK10.5Medium.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I'm not sure I get it - you say the boots feel absolutely perfect, but you are worried something is wrong b/c the leather is wrinkling? leather wrinkles.

8. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but can someone figure out what is wrong with these boots? what's causing this wrinkling?

Nothing wrong with the boots. You wear boots, they wrinkle.

9. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

^ +1. Every single leather shoe I own, Alden, Ferragamo, Barker Black, Trickers, C&J, etc. has wrinkles. Your foot bends when you walk and the shoe bends as well. Don't see any issue. Best advice that has been given is use shoe trees after you wear the boots and it may help alleviate your concern.

10. Hot Dog Day #49

11. marg

marg Senior member

they are probably a little snug. these are boots, not dress shoes, so there should be a little more room in the toes. My big toe is just under the stitching, and I barely have wrinkles after 5-6 months of wear. I have AE park avenues that I sized snugly, and they have wrinkled across the top in flex points - still comfortable though.

Your foot probably feels funny because you have to break in the shoe. Also, the trubalance transfers weight to the outside of your foot, so it isn't for everybody. Try it for a few more weeks. If it doesn't work, I'm sure someone will buy them from you here or on ebay. Look for the boot on another last. Personally, I think the best Indy is on the plaza.

12. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

yep all leather footwear creases, however depending on the type of leather and shape of the shoe, some more than other... usually creasing is worst when you oversize.. i admit that creasing looks kinda bad but i've never owned indies, perhaps check pics of some other members that are worn in...

13. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

If the shoes fit right, after a few weeks the wear will even out. My 403s I think had some odd-looking creasing when I first bought them, but they look great now (1.5 years later). Just wear them. Aldens only look better with age (and proper care), and that is especially true of 403s.

14. miran

miran Senior member

they are probably a little snug. these are boots, not dress shoes, so there should be a little more room in the toes. My big toe is just under the stitching, and I barely have wrinkles after 5-6 months of wear. I have AE park avenues that I sized snugly, and they have wrinkled across the top in flex points - still comfortable though. Your foot probably feels funny because you have to break in the shoe. Also, the trubalance transfers weight to the outside of your foot, so it isn't for everybody. Try it for a few more weeks. If it doesn't work, I'm sure someone will buy them from you here or on ebay. Look for the boot on another last. Personally, I think the best Indy is on the plaza.
    OK, thanks. Oddly enough, another member here got 403s at aroudn the same time as me, and the creasing on his shoe is nothingl like mine. On his 403, it is the creasing that usually builds up with wear, and yes, it looks kinda nice. By the big toe under the stitching, do you mean that big white stitching on the toebox, what they keep calling the moc toe stitching? Also re. the breakin--I was told the opposite [​IMG] I was told to make sure the shoe fit from the start, because good shoes with Goodyear welting do not stretch and lose their shape, even though the the leather will loosen up a bit with warmth from your foot. This trubalance last really is fucked up on my foot. 11D--way too big. 10.5D, my foot is still sliding in there, but I only tried it on for 5 minutes. 10D--feels funny. I also tried 11.5D, which I can swing kick off my foot with very controlled precision. Thanks for your advice.

15. miran

miran Senior member

yep all leather footwear creases, however depending on the type of leather and shape of the shoe, some more than other... usually creasing is worst when you oversize.. i admit that creasing looks kinda bad but i've never owned indies, perhaps check pics of some other members that are worn in...

Actually, this creasing is after 2 wears, of a couple of hours each!!![​IMG]

I have seen shit shoes from Target that wear more beautifully than this. Something is definitely wrong. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.