Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodo

Dodo Senior member

The whiskey are plain toe blucher? they are really nice, can you post more pictures?

thanks, shoemart has nice pictures but, given their color they have a spring/summer appearance, can you tell if they are quite light shoes for spring use or they are heavier than they look like to me?

2. borderline

borderline Senior member

You could look at it as a unique trait of your shoe. Handmade things are not always precision perfect, but they have character. You notice it now when they are brand new, but after the creases start (and maybe you won't like where they fall), it will not be noticeable.

That said, go with your gut.

Yeah, now I'm thinking it's like fingerprints, or a distinctive feature of handmade shoes. My wife didn't notice the flaw when looking at them closely, so it's doubtful that anyone will ever notice. So I'm leaning towards keeping them at this point.

3. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

thanks, shoemart has nice pictures but, given their color they have a spring/summer appearance, can you tell if they are quite light shoes for spring use or they are heavier than they look like to me?

the PTB, LWB, pretty much any barrie lasted shoe is very heavy. mine are heavier than my work boots.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

the PTB, LWB, pretty much any barrie lasted shoe is very heavy. mine are heavier than my work boots.
    All of my Aldens are quite heavy. Perhaps it's the wood mid-sole and leather sole.

5. Hot Dog Day #49

they're just really fucking quality built shoes, it shows in a variety of ways

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

For around ~$500 they're not bad. I've been told C&J and Tricker's are of higher quality though.

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Lulz

8. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Lulz

I think the off kilter toe medallion a few pages back supports his claim well.

9. Hot Dog Day #49

For around ~$500 they're not bad. I've been told C&J and Tricker's are of higher quality though.
    i haven't had a pair of trickers yet but they're next on my list. i'm not a fan of c&j only because they don't really fit my aesthetic very well, a bit too sleek.

I think the off kilter toe medallion a few pages back supports his claim well.
    please, they're benchmade shoes, mistakes will be made. they're cool about returns and shit, no problems. not every shoe is going to be perfect.

10. ChessDan

ChessDan Active Member

I need a versatile, brown shoe that will mostly be worn with jeans and chinos and occasionally with a sport coat. What Alden shoe would be best?

11. Hot Dog Day #49

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

All of my Aldens are quite heavy. Perhaps it's the wood mid-sole and leather sole.
    +1. I have a pair of the Alden Men's All Weather Walker Calfskin that is made with a rubber sole and its extremely light. There are much lighter compared to my leather soled Aldens

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

i haven't had a pair of trickers yet but they're next on my list. i'm not a fan of c&j only because they don't really fit my aesthetic very well, a bit too sleek.

please, they're benchmade shoes, mistakes will be made. they're cool about returns and shit, no problems. not every shoe is going to be perfect.

I plan on picking up a pair of navy Tricker's myself.

I've seen your pictures on WAYWT and I think C&J can play well in your wardrobe. You're on the more conservative side, similar to how I am.

I will buy these shoes sooner or later. Gotta focus on belts and shirts for now.

14. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

they're just really fucking quality built shoes

I'm thinking that Alden should start using this as their tag line (providing adequate compensation to the author of course)...

15. Hot Dog Day #49

I plan on picking up a pair of navy Tricker's myself. I've seen your pictures on WAYWT and I think C&J can play well in your wardrobe. You're on the more conservative side, similar to how I am. I will buy these shoes sooner or later. Gotta focus on belts and shirts for now.
    i think they're too sleek. i like the clunkiness of the barrie last, tricker's too. i work in a business casual office so they kind of separate from all the shitty sleek kenneth cole/cole hann shit everyone else wears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.