1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Referring to left most shoe from leffot picture, chukkas are ok but not my style.

I'm copping longwings.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. racetrack

racetrack Senior member

I'm looking into getting a pair of Indys. Are the Leathersoul Ultimates really worth an extra ~$100 over the stock 405s?

3. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

To all of you guys that own multiple pairs of Aldens, are you the same width across all lasts? Did you need to go to a wider width on the Leydon last. I fear my boots are just a bit too tight but my feet definitely measure D width and fear the E might be too wide.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm a 11 E in the Leydon, 11 D in the Barrie (11.5 in some shoes strangely.. ) and an 11/11.5D in Plaza

5. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Just in case you gentlemen are in question of Alden's customer service:

I purchased a pair of Indy boots at the DC Alden store several weeks ago. They had some limited sizes, and I picked up a pair that were a little too small, hoping that the toe box would stretch over the next few weeks.

They didn't and wearing the boots was painful. I contacted Alden, asking if they thought the toe box would stretch after extended use: they said they didn't think so, but that I was free to mail them my shoes and they would re-last them to a different size for free.

I just got them in the mail after a two week wait -- they fit great. I'm really satisfied by their customer service. It's going to be a big selling point the next time I'm looking for a new pair of shoes.

6. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

nice story^^ I contacted Alden about a similar request a while back. The shoes were ravello shell chukkas. They told me that if the shoes had enough extra leather they perhaps could stretch it to a slightly larger last. I ended up not sending the shoes to Alden because of the hassle but I'm glad to hear that it is possible to make the shoes larger. BTW did Alden charge any fees for this service?

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Where can I get Alden cap toe boots in brown or burgundy? I'd prefer non cordovan cause it is cheaper.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey everyone,

We put our stock Alden styles online. The inventory on the website is tied to the store, so any sizes that you see are available to ship immediately. If you need a different size or width, drop me a PM - we can order that for you. Alden doesn't keep all sizes & widths in constant stock, but they have quite a bit.

We shot all of these shoes in-house, and I took care to balance the colors. A lot of online sites don't do the stock Indy or snuff chukka justice with color fidelity. There's also enlarged shots from a bunch of angles available.

[​IMG]
    Stock Indy Boot: $345

[​IMG]
    Color #8 Shell Cordovan Longwing: $575

[​IMG]
    Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka: $365

9. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Those really are amazing.

I just ordered these:

[​IMG]

And FYI, at Ben Silver wingtip bluchers and suede monks in the Outlet section, limited sizes. Cordovan monks and tan NST also in one size each.

10. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Does anyone know if the Alden factory in Middleboro, MA has a retail store and whether or not locals can come in and try on/buy shoes? I live nearby and might have to make a trip when I'm back home if it's possible.

11. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Seriously guys, barrie last whats my size?

Cp and MMM I'm 43
    chucks im a 9.5/10
    new balance/asics i'm 10.5

I did not see this before, am not sure if you are joking and I hope it got answered but you would be a 10D Barrie.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

I will be trying to test Alden's customer service soon my self - have to return a pair of year old chukkas due to issues with the lining

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

[​IMG]

It would be nice to see some fit pics. I am not a monk guy but those look very versatile.

14. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Does anyone know if the Alden factory in Middleboro, MA has a retail store and whether or not locals can come in and try on/buy shoes? I live nearby and might have to make a trip when I'm back home if it's possible.
    I do not think so but I believe the ShoeMart has a store front and a great selection.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Nope, unfortunately they don't have any kind of factory store. Broke my heart when I visited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.