• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Referring to left most shoe from leffot picture, chukkas are ok but not my style.

I'm copping longwings.

tlw3.jpg
p.gif

racetrack

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a pair of Indys. Are the Leathersoul Ultimates really worth an extra ~$100 over the stock 405s?

fashunhor

Reaction score
To all of you guys that own multiple pairs of Aldens, are you the same width across all lasts? Did you need to go to a wider width on the Leydon last. I fear my boots are just a bit too tight but my feet definitely measure D width and fear the E might be too wide.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm a 11 E in the Leydon, 11 D in the Barrie (11.5 in some shoes strangely.. ) and an 11/11.5D in Plaza

pandamonium

Reaction score
Just in case you gentlemen are in question of Alden's customer service:

I purchased a pair of Indy boots at the DC Alden store several weeks ago. They had some limited sizes, and I picked up a pair that were a little too small, hoping that the toe box would stretch over the next few weeks.

They didn't and wearing the boots was painful. I contacted Alden, asking if they thought the toe box would stretch after extended use: they said they didn't think so, but that I was free to mail them my shoes and they would re-last them to a different size for free.

I just got them in the mail after a two week wait -- they fit great. I'm really satisfied by their customer service. It's going to be a big selling point the next time I'm looking for a new pair of shoes.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice story^^ I contacted Alden about a similar request a while back. The shoes were ravello shell chukkas. They told me that if the shoes had enough extra leather they perhaps could stretch it to a slightly larger last. I ended up not sending the shoes to Alden because of the hassle but I'm glad to hear that it is possible to make the shoes larger. BTW did Alden charge any fees for this service?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I get Alden cap toe boots in brown or burgundy? I'd prefer non cordovan cause it is cheaper.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We put our stock Alden styles online. The inventory on the website is tied to the store, so any sizes that you see are available to ship immediately. If you need a different size or width, drop me a PM - we can order that for you. Alden doesn't keep all sizes & widths in constant stock, but they have quite a bit.

We shot all of these shoes in-house, and I took care to balance the colors. A lot of online sites don't do the stock Indy or snuff chukka justice with color fidelity. There's also enlarged shots from a bunch of angles available.

Indy%20Lo.jpg

Stock Indy Boot: $345

Longwing%20975%20Lo.jpg

Color #8 Shell Cordovan Longwing: $575

Chukka%201493%20Lo.jpg

Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka: $365

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Alden factory in Middleboro, MA has a retail store and whether or not locals can come in and try on/buy shoes? I live nearby and might have to make a trip when I'm back home if it's possible.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Seriously guys, barrie last whats my size?

Cp and MMM I'm 43
chucks im a 9.5/10
new balance/asics i'm 10.5

I did not see this before, am not sure if you are joking and I hope it got answered but you would be a 10D Barrie.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I will be trying to test Alden's customer service soon my self - have to return a pair of year old chukkas due to issues with the lining

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I just ordered these:

953A_R.jpg

It would be nice to see some fit pics. I am not a monk guy but those look very versatile.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
Does anyone know if the Alden factory in Middleboro, MA has a retail store and whether or not locals can come in and try on/buy shoes? I live nearby and might have to make a trip when I'm back home if it's possible.
I do not think so but I believe the ShoeMart has a store front and a great selection.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18

Nope, unfortunately they don't have any kind of factory store. Broke my heart when I visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads