***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

damn, that's my size. if only i didn't spend it on peasant purchases this past week i'd have money for those [​IMG]

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

"new" additions to my Alden collection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. djh

djh Senior member

pics of the entire collection? very nice...

4. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

thanks ^^. I would post my entire collection but it's just too much. I have about 10 pairs of Aldens currently, all were picked up on ebay or on sale except for a pair of Leathersoul wingtip boots, Leathersoul tankers, and a pair of captoe shell lace-up boots. For work I rotate between a pair of black flex-welt monk straps, a pair of #8 shell NST bluchers, and the kudu chukkas for when there's bad weather. On weekends my goto shoe is the ole 405 standard Indy, and I'm slowing finding occasions to wear the rest of my collection.

5. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Every time I see the flex welt Chukkas, I want them more and more. What color would you guys recommend for a casual work environment? The tan look amazing but brown always seems more versatile.

6. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Every time I see the flex welt Chukkas, I want them more and more. What color would you guys recommend for a casual work environment? The tan look amazing but brown always seems more versatile.
    I like them both but I have to say that in Quantum of Solace, Daniel Craig dark brown suede Chukkas with rubber soles. They are versatile and I know would go with raw denim so I would get the dark brown. Good luck and let us know what you decide on. [​IMG]

7. winston

winston Senior member

Snuff suede would be my first choice.

http://blog.leffot.com/wp-content/up...2/dsc_0040.jpg

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Tan on the left is superior to all.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

so it turns out the special bootmakers edition alden chukkas I won on ebay are not used, but new. uhm fuck yea?

10. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Can anyone comment on how much Aldens will stretch in width if any. I just picked up a pair of AF89 High Black Boots from Carmel and they are a comfy snug fit but the Leydon last gets a little narrow in the toe and I fear they might be too narrow. I have always been a D width but I am not sure if I should try an E. My width is 4" but an E is 4.25 which seems like a lot of extra room in a shoe.

11. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

so it turns out the special bootmakers edition alden chukkas I won on ebay are not used, but new. uhm fuck yea?
    Nice!
    [​IMG]

Pics?

12. mikesduc

mikesduc Senior member

+1. my next shoe purchase

13. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Not much, I'd say if they don't fit out of the box, get a different size. You don't want to have to stretch out your toe box, usually your toes will give before the shoes.

Can anyone comment on how much Aldens will stretch in width if any. I just picked up a pair of AF89 High Black Boots from Carmel and they are a comfy snug fit but the Leydon last gets a little narrow in the toe and I fear they might be too narrow. I have always been a D width but I am not sure if I should try an E. My width is 4" but an E is 4.25 which seems like a lot of extra room in a shoe.

14. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

I thought you didn't like contrast stitching? Or are you just saying that the color is the best?

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Referring to left most shoe from leffot picture, chukkas are ok but not my style.

I'm copping longwings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.