1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(Snuff suede Alden NST from LeatherSoul Hawaii)

2. Petyot

Petyot Well-Known Member

Petyot,

You have no idea how green with envy you've made me. What a spectacular find! Now, because of you, I have to make a trip tomorrow to my local Value Village in a futile attempt in finding something like that.

Sorry [​IMG]

PS : Keep in mind that I visit Value Village on a regular basis since 3 or 4 years and those Alden ranks among my very best find.

3. arrow

arrow Well-Known Member

here are the chukkas in whiskey...

these are the only "boot" with a plain-toe that I've seen in whiskey. they also have a blucher shoe in whiskey sometimes available. call the San Francisco store to see if they have them in your size.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the photo Jasonfoote! Whiskey sure looks good...
    I may have to take a trip back to SF Alden.

4. b-ill

b-ill Well-Known Member

Picked up my suede chukka's yesterday from Sherman Brothers. It feels so weird to wear something this light after wearing my Indy's for a couple months now.

5. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

Do all Alden boots have speedlacing? I hate it on mine. I salute Epaulet for their Alden collab without normal lacing. Here's my pair, suede brogues (Alden of Carmel commando soles replaced with double soles): [​IMG]

6. scb

scb Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(Snuff suede Alden NST from LeatherSoul Hawaii)

i want

7. DrZRM

DrZRM Well-Known Member

No, they have some boots without speed lacing,my jump boots on order from leathersoul have regular laces. Great boots there BTW, didn't I try to buy those from you a ways back? (12Ds right?)

And srivats, nice shoes...again!

Do all Alden boots have speedlacing? I hate it on mine. I salute Epaulet for their Alden collab without normal lacing. Here's my pair, suede brogues (Alden of Carmel commando soles replaced with double soles):

[​IMG]

8. rick

rick Well-Known Member

here are my ravello longwings, camera is broke so camera phone. i am thinking of changing the sole from crepe to double leatther due to the fact i wear my boots with jeans.

[​IMG]

9. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

Yeah, you did, I wound up keeping them (and now that I finally have some cool weather, I'm glad I did).

Anyone reading this getting a custom boot order together - consider standard lacing!

No, they have some boots without speed lacing,my jump boots on order from leathersoul have regular laces. Great boots there BTW, didn't I try to buy those from you a ways back? (12Ds right?)

And srivats, nice shoes...again!

10. rick

rick Well-Known Member

hey guys i'm not sure if there is a rule to post pics from a website but www.winnperry.com has some new alden boots a captoe in calf oil sole on the barrie last. i just bought a 10.5d

11. robin

robin Well-Known Member

hey guys i'm not sure if there is a rule to post pics from a website but www.winnperry.com has some new alden boots a captoe in calf oil sole on the barrie last. i just bought a 10.5d
    Arg, they used the barrie last. [​IMG]

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^what would you have liked to seen then baby bird?

13. robin

robin Well-Known Member

^what would you have liked to seen then baby bird?
    Plaza last.

14. kalanigee

kalanigee Well-Known Member

Just curious, is there any pictoral reference out there for all of the different lasts? I know Alden of Carmel has a sizing reference, but I'm more of a visual guy I suppose. I only have experience with the Trubalance and Barrie lasts, and am very curious about all the others when comparing side to side.

15. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Plaza last.

Pfft, Barrie is the money last.

16. velomane

velomane Well-Known Member

Pfft, Barrie is the money last.

What do you mean?

17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

he means he likes it and thinks its the best ...

18. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

he means he likes it and thinks its the best ...

[​IMG]

19. b-ill

b-ill Well-Known Member

Stupid question but is it okay to put shoe trees in the suede chukka? Just want to make sure it's not going to stretch them or anything.

20. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Well-Known Member

Stupid question but is it okay to put shoe trees in the suede chukka? Just want to make sure it's not going to stretch them or anything.

If you put an XL shoe tree in a size 8 chukka is may stretch but if you use the proper size you should be fine. I probably wouldn't bother using shoe trees for the unlined chukkas though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.