***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get a pair of ravello wing tip boots, size 8.5D Barrie/Trubalance? I know about the epaulet preorder, but I'm not a fan a plunking down full price for something that will take half a year to get to me (Frankly, I think a partial payment would be more reasonable). Do you suppose they'll have a few extra pairs once the shipment comes in? Anyone here want to part with their pair?

[​IMG]

The Shoe Mart had them on their website until recently. I have the Epaulet's and they are pretty damn nice. I think you missed the pre-order with them but if you can't find them anywhere, then perhaps you should give them a call

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

NST boots from Citishoes are most definitely on the Barrie Last, I tried them on in person one time size 8D, (needed a 7.5)

We went over this exact subject a few pages back. Citishoes has failed to put the last on their site and the only way to know for sure is to call them. My guess is Barrie or Aberdeen, but just a guess.

3. HarryFlashman

HarryFlashman Member

Whiskey NSTs in action... In the sun, stepping up on a slight ledge to cause toe-bend. [​IMG] In the shade... [​IMG]

4. HarryFlashman

HarryFlashman Member

Whiskey NST close-up - as beautiful as Whiskey is, it is hard to keep it flawless... [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

6. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Can anyone recommend a good belt for a pair of Ravello shoes? The shoes (boots really) are ALden Ravello Brixton Boots which I will likely wear in casual and dress situations so if anyone has any good casual (i.e. tanner maybe?) and\\or dress belt suggestions, I would welcome them all. My budget would be no more then $100.

Thanks,
    B

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Can anyone recommend a good belt for a pair of Ravello shoes? The shoes (boots really) are ALden Ravello Brixton Boots which I will likely wear in casual and dress situations so if anyone has any good casual (i.e. tanner maybe?) and\\or dress belt suggestions, I would welcome them all. My budget would be no more then $100.

Thanks,
    B

I have the Ravellos wingtip boots and I found a belt at Dillards that is an exact match for the color. I can't remember the brand. It is calfskin and has a silver buckle. It cost me about $40. It's not as nice as my Allen Edmonds or Tumi belts but it works great with the Ravello's.

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

We went over this exact subject a few pages back. Citishoes has failed to put the last on their site and the only way to know for sure is to call them. My guess is Barrie or Aberdeen, but just a guess.

yeah i did call them the sales person did not know what last, said he would call alden tomorrow. thought i take a stab and see if anyone had them.

Wish the last was posted on their website...if you hear back keep us posted. TSM has 'em in stock on the Aberdeen last. Could always go the preorder route with LS or Context. The NST boot is a great looking boot.

Alternatively, you could email and get an answer:

Dear Jim,

Thje 4060 is on the Grant last.
    It has a double leather sole. (captoe)

The 4020HC is on the Barrie last. (NST)

Ben

9. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

10. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

11. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

^ Yeah, the latest shoemart irregulars just went out. My sizes had some great stuff.

12. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

+1. I actually got a pair of the ravello/black grain saddles in my size from the list (with only a very minor black smudge on the underside of the instep). Because I am a glutton for punishment, I get the size up from mine as well just to see what they have and there was a cigar indy boot with commando soles available, as well as snuff suede indy with red brick soles. Pretty damn nice for somebody.

13. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Article from yesterday's NYT on American made shoes

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/fashion/21SHOES.html

Great article, thanks for posting.

How much of this renaissance is being driven by SF? [​IMG]

Just read this, thanks for posting. It seems like Alden is just being lumped in with any other pseudo-American welted shoe enjoying renewed popularity, and although Allen Edmonds, Red Wing, and Florsheim (by Duckie Brown) fit the bill, they're doing a different thing from Alden, despite how similar their shoes might look. Is it really any surprise that AE had such poor sales as recently as 2008? Alden, from what I've heard, has been growing like mad for at least 5 years (please correct me if I'm wrong). I would argue that handling and wearing an AE/RW/Florsheim shoe is a much different, and frankly lower quality, experience than handling and wearing pretty much any Alden. QC at those big factories are better than Alden's QC for sure, though.

Preaching to the choir here, I'm sure...

Also the omission of the Rider Boot Company is disappointing, even though they're small. The word limit for the article seemed ample, wish the reporter had done a bit more research, or at least talked longer with Steven Taffel.

14. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

^ Isn't Rider Italian made??

15. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

Dude - the shoemarket irregulars are killing me this month.
    Cigars, Chromexel, ...............Must resist...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.