• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marg
^ nice work on the ravello boots!
Thanks, I darkened the sole trim a little for better contrast but all praise is due Alden!

borderline

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about the Leffot Ravello LWB order? I was told "Spring" arrival which probably could mean anything between now and June...Anyone else get in on that one? Here's Mac's version:
QNMEi.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lesamourai
Do the Indys work well with tapered jeans?
I wear mine with Nudie Slim Jim and I think they work well together.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lesamourai
Do the Indys work well with tapered jeans?

Something with a slight taper, like a Samurai 710, should look fine, but I don't think the Indys would work well with significantly tapered jeans like the N&F Weird Guy.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Forgive the plebe/small question here....
I am considering a couple pair on the Shoemart irregular emailing and wasn't 100% about something. When it refers to the color as "shell"....I imagine it means cordovan leather?
I am unsure as to some of the pricing differences and imagine it would be a result of lasts, popularity, leather quality/expense?

But, "shell" undoubtably refers to cordovan, correct?

I also noticed that "color 8" is also more expensive....

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
I am considering a couple pair on the Shoemart irregular emailing and wasn't 100% about something. When it refers to the color as "shell"....I imagine it means cordovan leather?
I am unsure as to some of the pricing differences and imagine it would be a result of lasts, popularity, leather quality/expense?

Yes, you're correct. From the Shoemart 2nds I've seen, #8 and black are the only shells available. These 2 would be the easiest to find of all shells.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888

shell is shell cordovan

#8 is a color of shell cordovan so yes its more expensive.

the price difference is due to the shoe being shell cordovan or calf.

welcome to the thread

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Yes, you're correct. From the Shoemart 2nds I've seen, #8 and black are the only shells available. These 2 would be the easiest to find of all shells.

i have seen ravello, and cigar from time to time, but they sell very very quickly.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone heard anything further from Alden of DC about the possible order of the ravello medallion captoe on the plaza last?

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4

I've seen Ravello, Whiskey, and Cigar shell on the Shoemart Alden 2nd emails. Taking into consideration that i've only been onthe email list for 3 months i'd say you may have some sucess at picking up some of the rare colors if you want them.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there was a pair of whiskey LHS in my size sitting on the 2nds list for at least a month or so. I've seen all the colors on that list, there were even 2 #4's a few months ago. I doubt those will ever be seen again though.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
anyone heard anything further from Alden of DC about the possible order of the ravello medallion captoe on the plaza last?
only that she was gathering names to put an order in. no idea if shes still getting names or if the order is through yet. someone should call ... not it

Morgan

Reaction score
I own a pair of whiskey shell LHS purchased as seconds from Shoemart, and I've seen another pair in 8.5 or 9 available recently, so they do crop up from time to time. I can't say I've seen much cigar or ravello on the seconds list, though it must happen.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I've seen cigar, whiskey, and ravello in my short time (2 months) on the seconds list. Just ordered a pair of whiskey plain toe boots from the seconds list today, I hope they work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads