Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Thanks man. I agree with you on the chukka/suit thing. I'm not the biggest fan of captoes, but what do I know. Wingtips would be nice, although I thought it may be too much with a gp suit? Thoughts? I don't need much coercion to get some wingtips though.

+1 on the wingtips - Color 8 would look killer, imho.

2. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

Thanks man. I agree with you on the chukka/suit thing. I'm not the biggest fan of captoes, but what do I know. Wingtips would be nice, although I thought it may be too much with a gp suit? Thoughts? I don't need much coercion to get some wingtips though.
    Something reassuring about wingtips. Maybe it's because they look like they're descended from armored suits? If I had to choose just one pair, I'd say LWBs or SWBs in Ravello or Cigar. The SWBoot in Ravello has been my go-to kick for a couple months. Love em.

3. Stokely

Stokely Senior member

Man, I didn't think this would be easy, but you guys have made my head explode. Fuck. Ravello or Cigar for sure. I have some Color 8, looking for something new. Dayammm! Thanks for all the advice!!!!

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Awesome. Are those Indy's or the Oxford version?

thanks, those are the oxfords..

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Are those NSTs? I got 'em too and agree with you.
    Nah, not NSTs. Just regular Indy Oxfords.

6. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

light grey with little red in there? sounds like color 8 to me! don't count out the original.

Agree. Virgin Color 8 can look very black at first, though. Need a Color 8 shoe with some age on it.

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Could be Leffot. The ravello captoe boots posted a few pages back are from them, I believe.

Even if it's not, Leffot regularly stocks Ravello captoe boots. One of their "regular specials" I believe.

really? what last is it on do you know? guess it doesnt matter since im on the list for the ravello captoe order for the DC alden store but just curious

NorthRiver Outfitters in Boston and other MA locations should do just fine. I got my Chrome Excell Indy's there when everyone else was sold out.

not on their site. was it just an instore limited run?

8. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Man, I didn't think this would be easy, but you guys have made my head explode. Fuck. Ravello or Cigar for sure. I have some Color 8, looking for something new. Dayammm! Thanks for all the advice!!!!

Cigar is less versatile than one might think. Would say that Ravello or Color 8 are the best choices in your case. Black is also safe, but black shoes aren't all that interesting on the whole.

9. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

really? what last is it on do you know? guess it doesnt matter since im on the list for the ravello captoe order for the DC alden store but just curious

Don't know off hand. Stephen would be able to help you there, but from the pictures a few pages back, I believe the Plaza or Grant are reasonable guesses. Then again, the insidious Barrie last has a way of popping up where you least expect it. [​IMG]

10. randomkoreandude

Cigar is less versatile than one might think. Would say that Ravello or Color 8 are the best choices in your case. Black is also safe, but black shoes aren't all that interesting on the whole.

i thought cigar was more versatile. cigar is just what most people would think of as "brown." maybe its cuz i havent gotten any ravello yet but i thought cigar was real easy. obviously #8 is easy as well being burgundy.

11. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

not on their site. was it just an instore limited run?

Jeesh! - http://www.northriveroutfitter.com/p...ome_excel.html

12. randomkoreandude

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] sorry I couldnt resist.. [​IMG] anyone know if they run tts? [​IMG]

14. vivalet

vivalet Senior member

This is awesome. Thank you! [​IMG]

Is there something similar for the different alden welts with pictures? and what they are each best suited for?

One for the different soles and heels would help me too. I feel like this really helped me get the names of the lasts down.

found this
    [​IMG]

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Not typical beach-wear...but #8 Indy's will do just fine when asked....a beautiful sunny days in SF:

[​IMG]

I was just @ the beach in SF (crissy field) with my Alden Indys. [​IMG]

Beautiful few days, makes up for that rain we had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.