***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

^ Yeah, very nice for sure. I'd be interested to know where they're from. The Rough Roy (from Context) is very similar, but has a crepe sole (which I'm not into).

2. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

^ Yeah, very nice for sure. I'd be interested to know where they're from. The Rough Roy (from Context) is very similar, but has a crepe sole (which I'm not into).
    It looks like th LS Pitt boot, but I could be wrong. The sole on this model adds a nice touch of class over the crepe.

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Alden for J Crew:

[​IMG]

4. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior member

Rob, I have both of those on order also. Some of of just have to wait because of our odd size that is not stocked. I am still waiting for my blue suede PTB and longwings from a september order.

Rob, Mr K. - Same with me. I cannot wear stocked shoes (A width), and so I have to pre-order. Unfortunately, my last pre-order in March 2010 got lost and LSW discovered this in February and so now I'm waiting another 6-9 months.....[​IMG]

5. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Very nice Chris! What color are those? I'm guessing earth, but could be the tobacco. I just pulled the trigger on the Winn Perry little tanks in tobacco and I am awaiting delivery this week.

LS calls them brown, I believe it is the same as Winn Perry earth.

6. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

CTYGGG is correct, they are from LS. They look better in person than I expected... when I wore them last night, people thought they were a brown suede.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I put in the same order. Next thing you'll say is you ordered them in 10.5 EE. [​IMG]

Rob, I have both of those on order also. Some of of just have to wait because of our odd size that is not stocked. I am still waiting for my blue suede PTB and longwings from a september order.

Rob, Mr K. - Same with me. I cannot wear stocked shoes (A width), and so I have to pre-order. Unfortunately, my last pre-order in March 2010 got lost and LSW discovered this in February and so now I'm waiting another 6-9 months.....[​IMG]

I'm a pretty standard size, probably too standard (9D) so if I don't pre-order I risk the shoes not being available when they arrive. Lynah that too bad, I know though that Tom at LS is standup and although the wait may be longer, you'll get what you want. I can't wait for mine!!

8. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

9. stant62

stant62 Senior member

Looking for a pair of color 8 tankers - Anyone know where I can cop? Looked at Context and Leather Soul but no go.

10. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

Alden x J Crew Indy boots today
    [​IMG]

11. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Looking for a pair of color 8 tankers - Anyone know where I can cop? Looked at Context and Leather Soul but no go.
    TSM has the NST boot in Ravello and #8 on the Aberdeen last. Here's the linkā€¦ http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Alden shoes in natural chromexcel:

[​IMG]

13. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior member

I'm a pretty standard size, probably too standard (9D) so if I don't pre-order I risk the shoes not being available when they arrive. Lynah that too bad, I know though that Tom at LS is standup and although the wait may be longer, you'll get what you want. I can't wait for mine!!

Rob - I've purchased several pairs from Tom and will do so in the future. You are right - he's the best. The shoes I'm waiting for are the brown Chromexcel NST's. They'll fill a void for a quality, less formal shoe in my rotation.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Alden shoes in natural chromexcel:

[​IMG]

Awesome. Are those Indy's or the Oxford version?

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Shoemart Seconds email on Friday had the exact shoe I've been wanting - Ravello LHS in 8.5D. sold out in the first few minutes...argh! one of you guys buy it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.