***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

To all of the avids: how many pairs are enough? I think I'm done (for now at least) unless I can find some #4. When I get my orders in, I will have 10 pairs of Aldens.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

To all of the avids: how many pairs are enough? I think I'm done (for now at least) unless I can find some #4. When I get my orders in, I will have 10 pairs of Aldens.
    ugh, I should have stopped 5 pairs ago

3. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

Sherman Brothers just got in both snuff and brown suede.

Don't see these on their site. In store only?

4. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I think I'm done (for now at least)

Yeah, before I discovered Leather Sole that was what I used to think (since then I've had the closet people reconfigure my closet to allow for more pairs... [​IMG])

5. colins

colins Senior member

My Alden LWB collection

Cigar Cordovan (Shoemart) - Tabacco (J Crew) - Sand Suede (Epaulet)

Out of curiosity, which do you wear most often?

6. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Don't see these on their site. In store only?

I believe so, best to give Ken a call in Haverford. (I know they are there)

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yeah, before I discovered Leather Sole that was what I used to think (since then I've had the closet people reconfigure my closet to allow for more pairs... [​IMG])

LSBH is local to me. I have visited Bryant twice and yet to buy anything. Really nice guy that I ended up chatting with for a while durin each visit, but nothing really caught my eye. Well, they had the #4/black make up but none in my size.

8. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Out of curiosity, which do you wear most often?

Cigar Cordovan gets the most wear right now. They were my first Aldens and my first cordovans so they are my favorite shoes. The other two are fairly new. Both bought in the past month. As it warms up a little more i'll be wearing the suedes. The Suede are by far the most comfortable of the bunch. The leydon last fits great and these shoes feel awesome right out of the box.

9. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I just bought my first Aldens a few months ago. In three months I now have four pairs (2 in cordovan, 1 calfskin, 1 suede). I can't explain it but all of a sudden I see all these shoes that I think I need. I have about 10 pair of AE's that I typically wear but now I all I look at are aldens. It seems to me that the Aldens I like are mostly for more casual wear and not formal wear. The Cigar Codrovan LWB are the only Alden's i've worn with a suit.

10. marg

marg Senior member

the addiction is easy to explain. www.styleforum.net. if you didn't have all of us encouraging your shoe spending, you wouldn't need a 12-step program to kick the habit.

11. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

17, including 10 shell. Trying to lay off for a while.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

get the full cordovan collection and rest for a while

13. norweejun

norweejun Member

I do not have a pair of Leather Soul's American Longwing but it is the shoe I really love whenever I see it:

[​IMG]

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...ican-longwing/

These are beautiful. Such an iconic shoe, should've been a stock model. Is there a chance for another run of these?

14. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Don't buy so quickly. If you're "done," what happens when that next mind-blowing special model comes along?

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

get the full cordovan collection and rest for a while
    I have #8, and cigar. Black shell, ravello, and whiskey are ordered. #4 is the only one I don't have access to.

enigma - I buy the models I like. All of the purchases were planned with the exception of one; the Winn Perry cap toe boots that someone posted here. It actually worked out for the better because I was looking at a similar C&J boots, but had not research on where to buy yet.

I will probably come back later and get several models with commando sole to wear in the rain. [​IMG]

For now in the footwear department, I just need 2 pairs of sneakers and will go on hiatus until late 2011 (hopefully I can make it [​IMG] )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.