1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek92

Derek92 Senior Member

I saw the sizing chart so sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but what size would I wear on a trubalance last if I wear 42 in MMM, 9 in most shoes, and an 8M in Frye? An 8.5? Thanks.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

I saw the sizing chart so sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but what size would I wear on a trubalance last if I wear 42 in MMM, 9 in most shoes, and an 8M in Frye? An 8.5? Thanks.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Size down 1/2 size from your dress shoe size. Same goes with the Barrie last. I am a 12D in most dress shoes and take a 11.5D in Trubalance/Barrie lasts

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]
    cigar lhs
    argyles otc

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

hey derek i replied to your PM and you are identical in size to me. im 42 in mmm & cp, 9 in dress shoes/brannock and take 8.5d for barrie and trubalance Edit: also people should repost that sizing chart/pic of all the lasts again

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Just a FYI, Shoemart got their natural chromoexel Indy Oxfords in. I grabbed a pair earlier this morning.

Bought those a couple of months ago. Still haven't worn them yet.. [​IMG]

6. dreamtripper

dreamtripper Senior Member

Very nice, I have the same pair. I'm hoping mine get a little lighter as I wear them more.

Ive wanted these shoes for years....it was finally time to suck it up and order them. Thanks to Adam at Alden of Carmel for the super fast service, I ordered sunday and got them Tuesday. Here are the virgin pictures...they will only be virgin until tomorrow [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Distinguished Member

Yeah, that sounds about right. Size down 1/2 size from your dress shoe size. Same goes with the Barrie last. I am a 12D in most dress shoes and take a 11.5D in Trubalance/Barrie lasts
    I agree. I don't know anything about MMM or Frye sizing, but if you are a 9 in most dress shoes, you are most likely an 8.5 on the Trubalance last.
    hey derek i replied to your PM and you are identical in size to me. im 42 in mmm & cp, 9 in dress shoes/brannock and take 8.5d for barrie and trubalance Edit: also people should repost that sizing chart/pic of all the lasts again
    LOL, I saved that last guide to my desktop. It's saved me a lot of time searching through this thread for it.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]
    bump. thanks again RE_GUY!

9. Neilius

Neilius Member

Get a load of this: http://www.barneys.com/Perforated-Wi...efault,pd.html Are Barney's customers so stupid they actually WANT to pay $150 more for the same pair of shoes (okay, the color is a bit different) than necessary?These are just longwing bluchers in calfskin. Nice shoe, but $610? I guess Barney's people don't have the internet.

10. aminadab

aminadab Member

So I just ordered a pair of the Indy boot with a commando sole in #8. (Thanks to illumin8em for sizing help!)

Thanks also to this thread! I was about to get black, but a lot of your posts convinced me to go with #8. It seems to go with just about everything.

One question: I notice that Shoe Mart's site doesn't mention the cordovan coming from Horween. I just assumed that all cordovan that Alden uses comes from that factory.

Can anyone confirm this?

I've been watching videos and am obsessed with this leather now.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

So I just ordered a pair of the Indy boot with a commando sole and #8. (Thanks to illumin8em for sizing help!) Thanks very much to this thread! I was about to get black, but a lot of your posts convinced me to go with #8. It seems to go with just about everything. One question: I notice that Shoe Mart's site doesn't mention the cordovan coming from Horween. I just assumed that all cordovan that Alden uses comes from that factory. Can anyone confirm this? I've been watching videos and am obsessed with this leather now.
    yep, the Cordo is Horween

12. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Get a load of this:
    http://www.barneys.com/Perforated-Wi...efault,pd.html
    Are Barney's customers so stupid they actually WANT to pay $150 more for the same pair of shoes (okay, the color is a bit different) than necessary?These are just longwing bluchers in calfskin. Nice shoe, but $610?
    I guess Barney's people don't have the internet.

You stated yourself...it's the color. That makes all the difference. I have not seen that particular hue elsewhere. For those who love the color tint..why not and get them? Perhaps someone else who has every other Aldens under the sun will want them as well.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

Get a load of this: http://www.barneys.com/Perforated-Wi...efault,pd.html Are Barney's customers so stupid they actually WANT to pay $150 more for the same pair of shoes (okay, the color is a bit different) than necessary?These are just longwing bluchers in calfskin. Nice shoe, but $610? I guess Barney's people don't have the internet.
    what last is this on? And is it shell? From looking at the entire offering, it appears the the shoes in "burgundy" are cordovan. EDIT - I think the shoes at the $565 and up pricepoint are all Cordovan but arent marked as such

14. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior Member

what last is this on? And is it shell? From looking at the entire offering, it appears the the shoes in "burgundy" are cordovan.

Agree (and if they are shell, then they are cheaper than the Alden Shop...)

15. Dewey

Dewey Distinguished Member

"burgundy" is a standard calf for alden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.