***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

How the fuck do you get on Shoe Mart's seconds list? I've emailed them like 5 times.

Why not try the phone route?

2. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Just now picked these up from AldenDC

Trubalance, Color8 Indy:

[​IMG]

with water lock sole

[​IMG]

Very nice boots Dr. Jones.

3. velomane

velomane Senior member

How the fuck do you get on Shoe Mart's seconds list? I've emailed them like 5 times.

They've never acknowledged my emails regarding the seconds list. But the lists appear, ergo they received the email.

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Great collection, mcarthur. Thanks for sharing all those pictures. And borderline has done good work arranging some of those comparisons. Thanks also for that.

5. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Fresh from restoration, my 2160's. Nice work by the Alden factory - I'm quite pleased.
    [​IMG]

6. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

For perspective, MaCarthur's 46 pairs of shoes if average price is $500/each is equivalent to just 1 Rose Gold Rolex Daytona Watch, which if anyone of you hang out on the WIS forums, it's common for some of those guys to have several high end watches. So the shoe hobby is by far more "grounded", pun intended.[​IMG]

RG DD and YG Daytona stepped on by one big Alden Shoe.
    [​IMG]

7. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

when does shoemart send the emails for the Alden second? any regular schedule? I got one from last month but haven't got one for March.

8. borderline

borderline Senior member

Great collection, mcarthur. Thanks for sharing all those pictures. And borderline has done good work arranging some of those comparisons. Thanks also for that.

Thanks Dewey, I still remember all that great shoe advice you gave me when I first joined. It was basically: Get Aldens if you can afford them. Well, there was a lot more, but that was duly noted. It just took me a few years.

9. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

For perspective, MaCarthur's 46 pairs of shoes if average price is $500/each is equivalent to just 1 Rose Gold Rolex Daytona Watch, which if anyone of you hang out on the WIS forums, it's common for some of those guys to have several high end watches. So the shoe hobby is by far more "grounded", pun intended.[​IMG]

Two PPs got stepped on by another big foot Alden shoe.
    [​IMG]

10. Patron Silver

Patron Silver Member

As I understand it, putting a commando sole on a loafer-in this case the LHS in Color#8-is somewhat verboten in these parts. That said, what have folks here done to "weatherproof" soles on Alden loafers?? Any thoughts?

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

As I understand it, putting a commando sole on a loafer-in this case the LHS in Color#8-is somewhat verboten in these parts. That said, what have folks here done to "weatherproof" soles on Alden loafers?? Any thoughts?

go to your cobbler and put a $60 topy/vibram sole on them.

12. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

It's verboten because it would dramatically affect the flexibility of the sole which is critical to the way a loafer works.

13. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

It's verboten because it would dramatically affect the flexibility of the sole which is critical to the way a loafer works.

+1, your heel will slip - a thin toppy will do what you want without altering the sole flex or look.

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello cap toes
    argyles otc

Called Kathy at Alden of DC today about these shoes. Told her there was good interest on this board for them. She took my contact info in case she decides to re-order....she sounded pretty interested.

So peeps, if you dig these, call up Alden of DC and lets get these babies remade!

15. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Called Kathy at Alden of DC today about these shoes. Told her there was good interest on this board for them. She took my contact info in case she decides to re-order....she sounded pretty interested.

So peeps, if you dig these, call up Alden of DC and lets get these babies remade!

I'm telling ya - it's RandomKoreanDude. With everybody else she's nice, interested in talking about shoes. RKD stops by and she has no recollection.

I'm thinking it's because he's Random (its not the Korean or the Dude things).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.