1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolla

jolla Active Member

i know what you mean, i am pretty sure that the shoemart just got a stock of alden boots in. good luck.

Wow, great tip! Have they carried the NST boot before? I'll give them a call and see what they have. Thanks!

2. rick

rick Senior Member

Wow, great tip! Have they carried the NST boot before? I'll give them a call and see what they have. Thanks!

from what i recall they have

scotch grain calf wingtip burgandy barrie last i bought these
    cordo # 8 wingtip barrie last
    ravello, 8, and black shell 6 eyelet aberdeen last

all boots.

3. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

i would get on leathersoul pre-order list save up and get aldens, i have went with less expensive boots and have always been disappointed. good luck.
    I agree with you. I am saving my pennies now. I went to the Alden Store in DC and fell in love with these: [​IMG] I want them now.

4. rick

rick Senior Member

sorry guys my camera died so i had to use the cell phone. should be able to post more fit pics tonight.

[​IMG]

5. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

sorry guys my camera died so i had to use the cell phone. should be able to post more fit pics tonight.

[​IMG]

nice

6. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

I am going to New York to do a little siteseeing and shopping. I have about $1,000 to spend and I am really salivating over the cordovan boots but I have never made such a large shoe purchase. [​IMG] And it doesn't help that my wife will be looking over my shoulder if I buy them [​IMG]

7. rick

rick Senior Member

here is what you do. pick out some boots, tap the salesmen and say i will call you later, then have them sent when your wife is not home. done and done. LOL

8. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior Member

Distraction is your friend. Leave her at a different shop. The only thing YOU have to worry about is how much she will spend. [​IMG]

9. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

Distraction is your friend. Leave her at a different shop. The only thing YOU have to worry about is how much she will spend. [​IMG]

Nice plan, I am gonna try it. Only thing, my wife is very clingy so I have to plan this right. I can tell her later I got them for only $100 bucks at Daffy's. [​IMG]

10. jon bones

jon bones Senior Member

Nice plan, I am gonna try it. Only thing, my wife is very clingy so I have to plan this right. I can tell her later I got them for only $100 bucks at Daffy's. [​IMG]

you're a hero and an inspiration [​IMG]

11. jolla

jolla Active Member

I agree with you. I am saving my pennies now. I went to the Alden Store in DC and fell in love with these: [​IMG]

I want them now.

Just picked those up from ShoeMart yesterday and saw that they shipped today--three days!!

12. jolla

jolla Active Member

[​IMG]

Awesome, Rick--thanks! Damn those NST are HOT!!

13. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

^^
    great, let me know how you like them!

14. jolla

jolla Active Member

I am going to New York to do a little siteseeing and shopping. I have about $1,000 to spend and I am really salivating over the cordovan boots but I have never made such a large shoe purchase. [​IMG]
    And it doesn't help that my wife will be looking over my shoulder if I buy them [​IMG]

I hear you beowolf--went through the same thing about a year ago when I bought my cigar shell chukkas. I have to say that I love those babies and wear them all the time and that $600+ has long since been forgotten. Go for it!!!

15. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

I hear you beowolf--went through the same thing about a year ago when I bought my cigar shell chukkas. I have to say that I love those babies and wear them all the time and that $600+ has long since been forgotten. Go for it!!!

Yea, I have spent so much over the years on cheap $100 shoes and having them look like crap in no time. I want a good long lasting pair of shoes that I can wear to work in an office and even with some jeans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.