***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REguy

REguy Senior member

With Shoemart, it is kind of tricky because it doesn't indicate any pre-order. You have to call and verify the shoes are in stock prior. My black and whiskey cordovans are on pre-order from Shoemart.

I didn't know Shoemart did pre-orders. Can you share details?

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I didn't know Shoemart did pre-orders. Can you share details?
    I wanted a pair of black shells. I settled on the LWB's. All sizes were available, which threw up a flag for me that it was most likely unavailable now. I called and verify that indeed the shipment is not in yet. I went ahead and place the order for my size. The email said that the shipment is expected in June.

I called Joe today, one of the owners to ask about the whiskey's. He said he has 2 styles on order, LWB's and PTB's. I told him I want to preorder the PTB's, he took down my info. He warned me due to the rarity of lighter shells, it can take as long as a year. I acknowledged the fact and continued on with preordering.

Shoemart does not charge until shoes are shipped.

3. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

I wanted a pair of black shells. I settled on the LWB's. All sizes were available, which threw up a flag for me that it was most likely unavailable now. I called and verify that indeed the shipment is not in yet. I went ahead and place the order for my size. The email said that the shipment is expected in June.

I called Joe today, one of the owners to ask about the whiskey's. He said he has 2 styles on order, LWB's and PTB's. I told him I want to preorder the PTB's, he took down my info. He warned me due to the rarity of lighter shells, it can take as long as a year. I acknowledged the fact and continued on with preordering.

Shoemart does not charge until shoes are shipped.

You just have to know how the Shoemart site works. If the shoe is a "standard" Alden model, they list all sizes all the time. If the shoe is a "special edition", the site lists what is currently available.

4. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find some Cigar Indys in 12.5D? Epaulet doesn't have anything bigger than a 12 listed for any shoe and Shoe Mart doesn't have any Cigar Indys listed at all.

Maybe I should call Leffot or J Gilbert?

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

anyone want to guess which last these are on?

[​IMG]

plain toe bal is on the aberdeen last

6. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

What's t he 379X last? Anyone know how it compares fit-wise to the Barrie?

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Thought this thread might appreciate these photos. Finally got around to photographing my complete "rainbow of shell" in LHS. Yes, it's not a "true" rainbow, since half are Brooks Brothers and half are Alden, but the colors are all there... at least until somebody does a #4 LHS special makeup... Tom, you didn't hear that! [​IMG]

Sorry for the somewhat overcast lighting, but that's what passes for sunlight this time of year, and it's brighter than it has been for awhile, actually.

From left to right: BB black, Alden cigar, BB #8, Alden mahogany, Alden ravello, BB whiskey.
    [​IMG]

And a closer shot:
    [​IMG]

outstanding collection!

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Nice boots & socks mcarthur! What last are those on? I'm guessing Aberdeen.

thank you
    right on-aberdeen last

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Alden Chukka in Shell Ravello

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

very nice
    enjoy wearing

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Tripped over a rock in the office today and scuffed the top of my cigar PTBs. Was skeptical of the "just brush it" repair tip but this is how it looked after 20 seconds of brushing. Kind of amazing. I'll do more when I wax them eventually, as you can see some scuffs that didn't totally brush out.

[​IMG]

brush vigorously for five minutes and you will be very pleased

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

brush vigorously for five minutes and you will be very pleased

That's what she said.

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello tassels
    argyles otc

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Thought this thread might appreciate these photos. Finally got around to photographing my complete "rainbow of shell" in LHS. Yes, it's not a "true" rainbow, since half are Brooks Brothers and half are Alden, but the colors are all there... at least until somebody does a #4 LHS special makeup... Tom, you didn't hear that! [​IMG]

Sorry for the somewhat overcast lighting, but that's what passes for sunlight this time of year, and it's brighter than it has been for awhile, actually.

From left to right: BB black, Alden cigar, BB #8, Alden mahogany, Alden ravello, BB whiskey.

Very nice and I am thinking of picking a pair up but I have to say I do not like the lack of versatility and room for taste in growth. Now money may not be a factor but you are missing out on some great patina if you got something like a PTB. Still, a lot of nice shoes.

Nice boots & socks mcarthur! What last are those on? I'm guessing Aberdeen.
    LOL! Mac used to get panned about his socks on here all the time. Now people are asking where to get them. Nice shoes and socks Mac. [​IMG]
    Leffot saddles.
    #winning
    Alden Chukka in Shell Ravello
    Nice shoe, great color. Wear in good health.

14. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

For the Trubalance last (Indys, 405s, 403s):

Is a size 11EE a longer shoe (as well as a wider shoe) than 11E, than 11D?

Or are the lengths of all 3 the same? Only difference in width?

Please let me know if you have had experience iwth Trubalance sizes and know the answer.

I recommend calling the San Fran Alden store. They were very helpful with questions like this that I've had in the past.

15. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

ravello tassels
    argyles otc

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.