Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

1. Yes
    2. Yeah, a little bit in the width, not in length.
    3. It's a 10 1/2 D, the B just indicates the heel width or something.

I posted this above, but it bears repeating. You probably want to follow Alden's fitting guidelines:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=10893

Specifically: "Try not to depend upon breaking in to loosen up a tight feel. Goodyear welt
    construction and quality selection of leathers result in a very strong shoe. Try for
    a size that feels good right from the start
    ."

Thanks very much to the both of you.

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

to theWGP, some of the BB ones are copley last correct? Did you size them larger than the ones on the Van last? Or all the same size? Thanks for any help.

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Nice boots & socks mcarthur! What last are those on? I'm guessing Aberdeen.

Agreed and would like to know the last as well

4. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

5. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

to theWGP, some of the BB ones are copley last correct? Did you size them larger than the ones on the Van last? Or all the same size? Thanks for any help.

The Copley / Van last discussion I'll leave to those more experienced than I - though I do have a sneaking suspicion that it may have changed at some point over the years, based on anecdotal reports. FWIW, my BB black & #8 are both decades old, purchased with little wear, but the whiskeys are less than a year old. I have another pair of #8's that is also pretty old, same size, same awesome slipper-like feel.

The BB's are all size 11D, and the Aldens are all size 11.5D. All fit nicely, but the "old" BB's obviously fit somewhat looser. One of the #8's (the one in the picture, actually) is my designated "sockless in summer" casual shoe - just, what, two more months for that here? [​IMG]

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I have a pair of natty indys on preorder from Leffot for$450 that are shipping in the next coming few weeks. i am thinking of selling if anyone is interested. they are size 8.5D

pm me thanks

7. scb

scb Senior member

8. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

tx guys. I'm trying to figure out if they would work as formal shoes with a tux. Plain toe bal in black shell which could be polished up very well. Is that crazy ?

Not crazy at all. While I wear (and prefer) patent for formal, if you can put a nice polish on them, they will be more appropriate than the shoes that 80% of people wear with their Tux.

9. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

10. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Alden Chukka in Shell Ravello

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. marg

marg Senior member

1. Yes
    2. Yeah, a little bit in the width, not in length.
    3. It's a 10 1/2 D, the B just indicates the heel width or something.

They are the 405, not 403. The website said waxhide, not chromexcel. The picture is probably dark.

12. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

They are the 405, not 403. The website said waxhide, not chromexcel. The picture is probably dark.
    Nope. That Nomad site says "pull up aniline". That's chromexcel thus the 403. The pics also look like 403s and not like 405s.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Pulled out my #8 captoe boots to wear this morning and I noticed a small indentation on the left side. At first I thought I nicked it, but then I thought it would take quite a brute force to do this much damage and the color on top would be scratched off. It doesn't really bother me much, but I'm curious to see if anyone else got this 'imperfection' from Alden? BTW they weren't seconds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

CTYGGG - gorgeous boots. What a perfect shade. How much wear do they have on them?

15. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Pulled out my #8 captoe boots to wear this morning and I noticed a small indentation on the left side. At first I thought I nicked it, but then I thought it would take quite a brute force to do this much damage and the color on top would be scratched off. It doesn't really bother me much, but I'm curious to see if anyone else got this 'imperfection' from Alden? BTW they weren't seconds.

It looks fairly standard. Some of my shoes don't have it, some have it less than that, and others have it worse. It's one of the less bothersome flaws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.