• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

number9dream

Reaction score
Snuff Suede West Egg Longwings
imag0199n.jpg

illumin8em

Reaction score
Heed my word... be very careful with this, the alcohol will immediately remove whatever top layer of dye on the shoe leather if you accidentally get some on it . I am the test dummy so no one else has to suffer the same result

Originally Posted by triumphman
I've heard that applying alcohol will remove the polish....

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by REguy
This thread is becoming like the A.P.C. jeans thread with all the sizing issues. For all the Alden noobs I did a little cut and paste and put together this handy-dandy chart based on my experience with upwards of 40 pairs of Aldens over the years. Just one man's experience, YMMV.

Now let's see more pictures of shoes.

AldenChart.jpg

Fantastic!

HorseHide

Reaction score
Amazing job REGuy! Very nice (and accurate) graphic depiction of the range of Alden lasts.

Now watch, we'll be looking at 50 emails debating whether X last is more true to size than Y last!

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Does anyone here who has worn a pair of Indys for a while find that they must use cushioned insoles?

I took a pair of Indys out today, pounding pavements for 4 hours non-stop....and at the end of the day, my feet were totally uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to take these things off. There is absolutely no cushioning or support...

They look good...but at it stands now, there is no way I can actually do work on my feet in these things...they're fine for sitting down at an office desk though...but then, why the hell are these so-called "work boots"?

Am I missing something? Any advice gratefully appreciated....

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
REguy deserves some kind of award. Great job!

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
REguy deserves some kind of award. Great job!
That's so awesome. Too bad we can't sticky that post as a separate thread on the forum or add it to the first page of this thread or some faq....

I've been reading the last two hundred pages to get that info, then I started from the first page and got thru another hundred or so and then lost my place...

Great Job!

REguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SLAB
great fit chart; thank for that! it only misses the Modified last in that chart

Originally Posted by scb
and Van

I didn't include the Modified and Van because I have no experience with the Modified and the Van never worked for me. I just threw this together and see I also forgot the Copley. Maybe you guys can chime in with where the Van and Modified should go in the range and I'll add them when I have time.

I would hope most people know this, but I should've put a disclaimer that there's a good chance not all the lasts will work with every foot.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is becoming like the A.P.C. jeans thread with all the sizing issues. For all the Alden noobs I did a little cut and paste and put together this handy-dandy chart based on my experience with upwards of 40 pairs of Aldens over the years. Just one man's experience, YMMV.

Now let's see more pictures of shoes.

AldenChart.jpg

Thanks. This is really helpful.

mcbrown

Reaction score
It's Friday, it's raining... a good day for AF53's, my favorite all-purpose boot (of the boots I own - my true favorite boot is always the next one
smile.gif
).

I would hope most people know this, but I should've put a disclaimer that there's a good chance not all the lasts will work with every foot.

Uh oh, you mean I might have a problem with the $600 shoes I ordered based only on a picture some guy put on the internet?
laugh.gif
J/k, great chart - thanks for putting in the time for the rest of us!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't include the Modified and Van because I have no experience with the Modified and the Van never worked for me. I just threw this together and see I also forgot the Copley. Maybe you guys can chime in with where the Van and Modified should go in the range and I'll add them when I have time.

Don't forget the Grant.
Great job btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads