1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. number9dream

number9dream Senior Member

Snuff Suede West Egg Longwings [​IMG]

2. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior Member

Heed my word... be very careful with this, the alcohol will immediately remove whatever top layer of dye on the shoe leather if you accidentally get some on it . I am the test dummy so no one else has to suffer the same result

I've heard that applying alcohol will remove the polish....

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

This thread is becoming like the A.P.C. jeans thread with all the sizing issues. For all the Alden noobs I did a little cut and paste and put together this handy-dandy chart based on my experience with upwards of 40 pairs of Aldens over the years. Just one man's experience, YMMV.

Now let's see more pictures of shoes.

[​IMG]

Fantastic!

4. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior Member

Amazing job REGuy! Very nice (and accurate) graphic depiction of the range of Alden lasts.

Now watch, we'll be looking at 50 emails debating whether X last is more true to size than Y last!

5. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior Member

Does anyone here who has worn a pair of Indys for a while find that they must use cushioned insoles?

I took a pair of Indys out today, pounding pavements for 4 hours non-stop....and at the end of the day, my feet were totally uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to take these things off. There is absolutely no cushioning or support...

They look good...but at it stands now, there is no way I can actually do work on my feet in these things...they're fine for sitting down at an office desk though...but then, why the hell are these so-called "work boots"?

Am I missing something? Any advice gratefully appreciated....

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

REguy deserves some kind of award. Great job!

7. triumphman

triumphman Senior Member

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

Can't wait!!!

8. SLAB

SLAB Senior Member

great fit chart; thank for that! it only misses the Modified last in that chart

9. scb

scb Senior Member

10. WhatAboutBob

WhatAboutBob Senior Member

REguy deserves some kind of award. Great job!
    That's so awesome. Too bad we can't sticky that post as a separate thread on the forum or add it to the first page of this thread or some faq....

I've been reading the last two hundred pages to get that info, then I started from the first page and got thru another hundred or so and then lost my place...

Great Job!

11. REguy

REguy Senior Member

great fit chart; thank for that! it only misses the Modified last in that chart

and Van

I didn't include the Modified and Van because I have no experience with the Modified and the Van never worked for me. I just threw this together and see I also forgot the Copley. Maybe you guys can chime in with where the Van and Modified should go in the range and I'll add them when I have time.

I would hope most people know this, but I should've put a disclaimer that there's a good chance not all the lasts will work with every foot.

12. rebel222

rebel222 Distinguished Member

This thread is becoming like the A.P.C. jeans thread with all the sizing issues. For all the Alden noobs I did a little cut and paste and put together this handy-dandy chart based on my experience with upwards of 40 pairs of Aldens over the years. Just one man's experience, YMMV.

Now let's see more pictures of shoes.

[​IMG]

Thanks. This is really helpful.

13. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior Member

It's Friday, it's raining... a good day for AF53's, my favorite all-purpose boot (of the boots I own - my true favorite boot is always the next one [​IMG]).

I would hope most people know this, but I should've put a disclaimer that there's a good chance not all the lasts will work with every foot.

Uh oh, you mean I might have a problem with the $600 shoes I ordered based only on a picture some guy put on the internet? [​IMG] J/k, great chart - thanks for putting in the time for the rest of us!
    [​IMG]

14. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

I didn't include the Modified and Van because I have no experience with the Modified and the Van never worked for me. I just threw this together and see I also forgot the Copley. Maybe you guys can chime in with where the Van and Modified should go in the range and I'll add them when I have time.

Don't forget the Grant.
    Great job btw.

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

The Modified is between the Barrie and Trubalance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.