Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Personally, I'd pick the captoe. For me, it's the most versatile, but generally black shoes are less versatile IMO, I like burgundy or brown.

Captoe is probably the best bet with a suit. Wingtip could probably be flexible, the NST you showed might be last on your list for the required use.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciated. I was leaning toward captoe also. I like black wingtips but think that may not be suitable in some situations while wearing a suit (a funeral for example).

2. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

pull. moar.

pull. less.

Well said [​IMG]

LOL

3. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

I wonder if Alden's got any wholecuts. [​IMG]

Slip ons, at the Madison avenue store.

4. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

What' s up with shoe fetishes? I don't get it:

Isn't this a bit bizarre?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Price increase in 3 days right? Anyone going to make a last minute order or is the minor increase not a big deal?
    I think it's a 10% increase...not a big deal IMO.

There is nothing from Alden that I really want right now anyway that is available in my size. Just need some whiskey's. [​IMG]

Mediahound - I'm in the same boat as you are. I don't have a black pair yet, but I will be buying a black pair of captoes unless I can find wingtips. (Already have 2 pairs of longwings so I want to diversify).

6. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

I think it's a 10% increase...not a big deal IMO.

It will be a 5% increase.

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Can anyone tell me where i can order aldens in a c width? Seems like a pretty basic question.

You can get stock items (like a #8 shell chukka) from any Alden retailer (they might have to order them).

You need to contact Tom at Leather Soul about getting in on a pre-order for his special shell boot runs in the future. I wear a narrow size as well, and this is the route I've gone. You will have to put a deposit down, and then you have a commitment to buy the shoes as they are outside of the regular order run.

8. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

Wtf!? Those vids are VERY disturbing...I felt akward watching dude slowly caress the other dudes shoes + he way breathing pretty freaking hard...smh.

Oh and I'm down on for the 2/24 Alden all pic day (I check this thread numerous times a day when I'm board just to hopefully see some awesome Alden pics.)

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It's a bit over midnight on the east coast, granted I'm on the west coast, haha. (I'll be asleep in a few hours and won't have time tomorrow). My modest collection. All pairs were from Shoe Mart sans the J. Crew and Winn Perry. Currently have a pair of ravello boots ordered from Epaulet. Will probably add black captoe's and natural chromexcel Indy's and chill out a bit...unless I can find a pair of whiskey's I really like. [​IMG] Left to right top row: Winn Perry pebble grain boots, 405 Indy's, Cigar LWB's, #8 captoe boots Left to right bottom row: J. Crew LWB's, dark burgundy/brownish pebble grain wing tip boots.

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Ya think?

Wtf!? Those vids are VERY disturbing...I felt akward watching dude slowly caress the other dudes shoes + he way breathing pretty freaking hard...smh.

Oh and I'm down on for the 2/24 Alden all pic day (I check this thread numerous times a day when I'm board just to hopefully see some awesome Alden pics.)

QFI

11. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

^ [​IMG] I dont breathe hard like he was when I'm looking pics so I feel like I'm a few notches down from the maker of that video... haha well at least that what i'm going to tell myself.

Wj4 : Sweet collection. Your beautiful Cigar LWBs are begging for someone to wear them...do it! *

*or send them my way! [​IMG]

12. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

What's the best black Alden shoes to get?

I'm looking for something I could wear with a suit but perhaps also wear more business casually as well.

Should I get something like this?:

[​IMG]

or a black wingtip or captoe? Those are the three styles that appeal to me the most. I don't really like plain toe shoes.

Any opinions? I don't yet own a pair of black shoes and need some.

Not a fan of plain toe shoes either, but wanting something to wear with a conservative suit when required, I compromised with a perforated cap toe. Gives it a little bit of style but still conservative. (Alden 901)
    [​IMG]

13. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

WJ4 - Thanks for getting us started!

14. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

15. Cid

Cid Senior member

I've come to the realization that the Aberdeen last just doesn't work well for me, so I'm going to set free my size 11.5D cigar shell 6 eyelet NST ankle boot. Worn 3-4 times now - pics to come this weekend.

Purchased for $650 from Shoe Mart - anyone interested at $575 shipped?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.