• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.field

Reaction score
smile.gif

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by koalb
Hi All,

Need some help.

Just picked up my first pair of Aldens yesterday. 403s. Absolutely love em.

The old man at the shop laced em up for me nice and tight when I tried them on. But I just can't get the same nice feel on my own. It's really hard to 'keep tension on the line' and snug up the laces at the same time.

Any tricks?

pull. moar.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
pull. moar.

I did that on my 404's and within the first month snapped a lace. I think a speedhook may have frayed some of the threads in the flat lace. When I got them back from Alden when they fixed the vibram sole issue, they put new laces on...

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhatAboutBob
I did that on my 404's and within the first month snapped a lace. I think a speedhook may have frayed some of the threads in the flat lace. When I got them back from Alden when they fixed the vibram sole issue, they put new laces on...

pull. less.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some help.

The old man at the shop laced em up for me nice and tight when I tried them on. But I just can't get the same nice feel on my own. It's really hard to 'keep tension on the line' and snug up the laces at the same time.

Any tricks?

You're seriously asking for help on tying your shoes?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some help.

Any tricks?

Wait until you get old and all will become clear. Or, google lacing.

mech IFR

Reaction score
Are these cap toe boots only made for J.Crew? Specifically, with the perf on the cap. Does anyone else sell them?

t9h01z.jpg
w80oki.jpg

ibdzlx.jpg
2rc8ob7.jpg

Link to J.Crew website

Anyone on SF have a pair? Absolutely gorgeous IMHO.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mech IFR
Are these cap toe boots only made for J.Crew? Specifically, with the perf on the cap. Does anyone else sell them?

t9h01z.jpg
w80oki.jpg

ibdzlx.jpg
2rc8ob7.jpg

Link to J.Crew website

Anyone on SF have a pair? Absolutely gorgeous IMHO.

think leffot in NYC used to have something similar to this, but that was 1.5 year ago?

meadowstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Although not Alden, just wanted to give Leather Soul, and specifically Bryan at Leather Soul Beverly Hills some kudos for the quick processing and shipment of my new Whitehouse Cox and Co brown shell cordovan wallet. It is a little on the larger size, but has plenty of room for cards, business cards, cash and receipts.

How much are the wallets? Don't mean to pry, but I couldn't find a listing on the LeatherSoul site. Thanks.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads