***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banis

banis Senior member

Hi Guys,
    i just had a huge disappointment. I tried to order a pair of Aldens at Shoemart and they said they cant be shipped internationally because Alden doesnt allow their retailers to do so [​IMG]

The lady on the phone gave me the telephone number of Alden in Middlesborough to try to order directly from them. Does it make any sense to call there or are there any better options for me in Germany to get a nice pair of Alden shoes ?
    Biggest problem is that im looking for an E width which seems to be excluded from most of those awesome special orders i see around here. Any help or advice is highly appreciated !

It should be something new. I order from the SM to Russia via USPS Express without any problems. It was this past fall.

2. Kenal0

Kenal0 Active Member

Here is my Alden collection
    Attachment 59990
    Looking for a good everyday lace shoe in their Chromexcel in a 7E. Having trouble location any. I would love to get the Indy shoe in natural or brown Chromexcel
    Kenal0
    [​IMG]

3. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Why is color #4 in shell almost impossible to purchase? Was it made in any other shoe style than the PtB? It's like the Sasquatch of the Alden universe. Any background or info on this would be greatly appreciated.

4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Here is my Alden collection
    Attachment 59990
    Looking for a good everyday lace shoe in their Chromexcel in a 7E. Having trouble location any. I would love to get the Indy shoe in natural or brown Chromexcel
    Kenal0

Nice to see some loafers getting love in this thread. How do you like your black tassels? I saw a pair of black tassels on the train today (don't know the brand), they looked awesome. I was planning on getting the black leisure handsewn, but I may get the tassel instead.

5. Kenal0

Kenal0 Active Member

The tassels are actually the traditional Cordovan color. The tassels are a little more dressy so I tend to wear the loafers more for everyday wear. The NST in the back row are actually a two tone shell that Alden of Carmel offered a few years back. The Cordovan loafers are the oldest and have lots of everyday use. These shoes are pretty indestructable. I have had new heels put on but that is about it.

Kenal0

6. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Fresh from the UPS guy, J. Crew #8 captoe, size 11.5D, Barrie last. 20% off coupon worked for me.

Measured 13D on the Brannock!

Taking my 12D #8 wingtip back to Sherman Bros tonight, there are no 11.5D in the country! Gonna have to wait for those... Ken has been VERY helpful though, so +10 for Sherman Brothers!

7. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Fresh from the UPS guy, J. Crew #8 captoe, size 11.5D, Barrie last. 20% off coupon worked for me.

Taking my 12D #8 wingtip back to Sherman Bros tonight, there are no 11.5D in the country! Gonna have to wait for those... Ken has been VERY helpful though, so +10 for Sherman Brothers!

What's the coupon code?

8. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Funny enough I just literally received the same pair in size 10 using my 20% coupon as well. Out of curiosity, did you receive your shoes in the green Alden box or like me in a plain brown Jcrew box?

9. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Ken is great to deal with.

10. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

What's the coupon code?

Coupon code was in my catalog that came in the mail, I think it's a one and done thing. Check your catalog between pages 20 and 21 or something like that (if you get one in the mail). Actually, now that I think of it, it expired Sunday anyways.

Funny enough I just literally received the same pair in size 10 using my 20% coupon as well. Out of curiosity, did you receive your shoes in the green Alden box or like me in a plain brown Jcrew box?

Arrived in the green Alden box. Little dinged up from shipping, though.

11. WhatAboutBob

WhatAboutBob Senior member

Arrived in the green Alden box. Little dinged up from shipping, though.

The Alden green box I got from JCrew for the cxl indy's was totally crunched. It was held together with packing straps. They were too big, so I brought them back to the local store for a smaller size and that box was in rough shape as well....

12. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

My J Crew captoes #8 came in a green Alden box -20% in December FYI box scotch-taped...alas

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Well-Known Member

I ordered an 11D in the #8 captoes with the coupon that is suppose to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. Too good of a deal to pass up. I measure just under an 11.5 in one foot and just over 11.5 in the other on a Brannock though. I ordered an 11D based on the experience I had with a 12 in the last cordovan Aldens boots I tried on(Cigar Indys). They were huge on me so I'm hoping 11D is a perfect size. Fingers crossed...so is that 3 of us who all ordered the same shoe from Jcrew this week?

14. WhatAboutBob

WhatAboutBob Senior member

Anyone know what Last the JCrew PTB and LW's are?

Disregard, read farther down the description and it's on a Barrie Last.

RIF

15. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Anyone know what Last the JCrew PTB and LW's are?

I know the LWBs are on the Barrie last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.