1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

Very nice pair of Ravello wingtip boots on the bay for $650, size 9D. No affiliation

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alden-Ravello-Sh...#ht_500wt_1156

too bad its not 8.5d ... thats the one boot i want!!! epaulets version doesnt have the speed lacing hooks [​IMG]

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Distinguished Member

too bad its not 8.5d ... thats the one boot i want!!! epaulets version doesnt have the speed lacing hooks [​IMG]

I have Alden wingtip boots with speed hooks and without. I really thought I would like the "without" better but after use, speed hooks are the way to go, for me at least.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

I have Alden wingtip boots with speed hooks and without. I really thought I would like the "without" better but after use, speed hooks are the way to go, for me at least.
    yeah i refuse to buy any of the alden boots without the speed hooks ... ive gotten too use to them and cant imagine without. i have to wait till shoemart gets a restock and just buy theirs

4. Kevk

Kevk Well-Known Member

Very nice pair of Ravello wingtip boots on the bay for $650, size 9D. No affiliation

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alden-Ravello-Sh...#ht_500wt_1156

That's the boot I want too. If anyone finds these with a comando sole, let me know. Pennsylvania winters are tough with leather soles.

5. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

Can anyone i.d. this boot or know who has it?
    [​IMG]

6. lummers13

lummers13 Well-Known Member

Should be the Indy Kudu boot if I'm not mistaken..

7. QTime

QTime Well-Known Member

The black part of the saddle shoe is shell cordovan.
    Well, black shell isn´t a huge thing either (especially in homeopathic dosage). Nevermind.

8. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior Member

#8 wingtip boots on the Grant last today
    [​IMG]

9. cfull

cfull Active Member

Its the 404. I had a pair for about 2 days. (nice boot, i just got it too small)

10. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior Member

Exactly, it is the 404 and is a stock model you can buy from any Alden retailer.

11. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys, is the 404 the one that is truly dark brown and not the brick-brown color?

12. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior Member

13. triumphman

triumphman Senior Member

As asked above, are they doing another run of these? Listed as sold out on the website. I have the brown ones and beware, in person they are much redder--more typical chromexcel. Not quite 80's Timberland lug boots but not as rich/deep as the pictures. You can darken them up with Obenauf's though. I posted some real life shots back in Nov. or Dec. in this thread. That said, would still love another pair in black. Originally didn't pull the trigger b/c the black was lady-calf, so much softer and prone to wrinkling. Someone recently sold a black used pair on Ebay for $25 less than new, so suspecting these may be sold out.

that would be me who picked up the black tankers. shoes were pretty much new, and @ $450 was a good price compared to $495 plus shipping.

Great point. Men in their 50s-70s are still buying but now their sons and grandsons are also buying. Ex-sneakerheads are looking for something new to collect. My customer base ranges from 15-75.

15 year olds should not be wearing Aldens...

14. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

15 year olds should not be wearing Aldens...

We had a 17 year old come in with his Mom and buy a pair of John Lobbs last month.

15. Aries83

Aries83 Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.