***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

So I got this as a gift : http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...e-flex-boot-i/

My first Alden boots...jsut wowwwwww

These are great. They look very comfortable.

Here are some rough photos of the Roys, taken with my iPhone. Sorry for the delay.
    These look like they may be a little big? That crease/dimple on the top looks huge? I hope I am wrong.

Some varying pics of my Kudu Ultimate Indys. I've been wearing them hard since I got them on riday. Not babying these at all.
    These are fantastic. [​IMG] I have a pair of Ultimate Indy's on order with Tom and when I see this boot I am torn if I should have ordered these instead. Thank you for the pics!

2. scb

scb Senior member

think my 10.5 kudu Indys are too big...have a little too much room in the toe....so if anyone wanted a 10.5 but couldn't get one because it was sold out, 1 is going back....

3. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Yup they're very comfortable and soft too. Thanks everyone!

The kudu looks amazing...oh my.

4. Pelikan2

Pelikan2 Senior member

These look like they may be a little big? That crease/dimple on the top looks huge? I hope I am wrong.

Yeah, I have a very low instep but a long foot. The boots fit well, but I have to lace them very tight, which causes some odd creasing/buckling in the forefoot. It's a common problem for me. I might consider either an insole or a tongue pad to take up some volume, but I hate to with these shoes since it's a perfectly comfortable fit.

5. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

^Those look so nice. Great pick-up.
    Thanks.
    These are fantastic. [​IMG] I have a pair of Ultimate Indy's on order with Tom and when I see this boot I am torn if I should have ordered these instead. Thank you for the pics!
    Honestly, I think I would have been satisfied with any Ultimate Indy pickup from Leather Soul. If I had the money, I'd pick up all the Indys they have on their site. The Vintage model, Ultimate in Black, Repro Indy, etc...
    But if you're looking for a deep dark brown boot, Kudu is the way to go [​IMG]

6. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Senior member

Some varying pics of my Kudu Ultimate Indys. I've been wearing them hard since I got them on Friday. Not babying these at all.
    [​IMG]
    Last pic was taken like two minutes ago.

Sweet purchase and please keep us updated, I can't wait to see how they age. And props for not babying them, drive those suckers into the ground!

7. hchc

hchc Well-Known Member

my black high top boots from alden are nice but I hate how they are squeaking, does it go away after breaking them in?

8. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Yes, it goes away. My Context Tankers did that at first but after a couple weeks it went away completely and they are nice and quiet now.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Yes, it goes away. My Context Tankers did that at first but after a couple weeks it went away completely and they are nice and quiet now.

ooooooo how have your tankers aged? pics please

10. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I'll post some current pics up tonight when I get home, I'm wearing them today actually and they have broken in nicely.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

12. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

my black high top boots from alden are nice but I hate how they are squeaking, does it go away after breaking them in?

Where did you get them from? I am planning on picking up a pair from Alden of Carmel. I hope not to mind the commando sole because I do plan on wearing them in foul weather. I would love to see some pics....

13. hchc

hchc Well-Known Member

I got mine from alden of carmel, excellent service and plan on wearing them in the winter too heh, I'll try to get some pics up soon

14. hchc

hchc Well-Known Member

they also look a lot less bulbous in real life than the pictures suggest on their website

15. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

How does the Alden crepe sole compare to, say, the crepe sole on a pair of Clarks? Does it wear about the same? Does dirt stick to it in the same way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.