• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

david3558

Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris
How did you get the 20% off just now that you mentioned in the last page?

I signed up for the catalog, that's it. I got coupons and this time around it was 20% and worked on the Aldens. Now I've got to wait 2 months.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoboMax
446999226_o.jpg

okok now does anyone know the last of this shoe?

My first thought is also Barrie or Grant, would know better seeing the sole. Grant would have a more pronounced curve around the instep.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
Get some better angles.

My best guesses at this point would be:

Barrie
Grant

Those look to be on the Aberdeen last. My first guess would have been the Snap last, but the last looks to be elongated similar to the Aberdeen.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Those look to be on the Aberdeen last. My first guess would have been the Snap last, but the last looks to be elongated similar to the Aberdeen.

Doesn't the toe box look big for Aberdeen?

astris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
I signed up for the catalog, that's it. I got coupons and this time around it was 20% and worked on the Aldens. Now I've got to wait 2 months.
WTF? They send me the catalog and I never got any coups! 2 months, huh? Thought their Alden's were in stock if the size was listed on the site.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
I like the fact that the pics are with his china - nice touch.

This is a standard for all of the shoes he sells. I probably wouldn't want to eat with that China if I was ever invited over for a meal.
laugh.gif

david3558

Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris
WTF? They send me the catalog and I never got any coups! 2 months, huh? Thought their Alden's were in stock if the size was listed on the site.

I wish it were that way for the 8.5's, everything else is ready to go. Oh well, more time for me to save up!
lol8[1].gif

Pastor

Reaction score
lol well dam... i guess i'll just post the auction up here then that i'm looking into.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=p5197.c0.m619

now is there a better idea of the last? i think the sole is kinda weird w/that rubber though.... any thoughts?

I'm watching those shoes as well. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. I almost allowed my finger to hit the BIN button this morning but my brain eventually won the fight and I clicked the little X in the top right of my screen instead. I have two new pairs of Alden shells coming my way already (if fedex can ever get the truck out of memphis).

ChrisGold

Reaction score
lol well dam... i guess i'll just post the auction up here then that i'm looking into.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=p5197.c0.m619

now is there a better idea of the last? i think the sole is kinda weird w/that rubber though.... any thoughts?

Yes, that you can rule out Barrie, as it is too narrow through the instep - much more likely that it is Aberdeen or similar last that runs TTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads