1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

^
    *want*
    Does anyone do preorder on the whiskey lwb?

Shoemart seems to have a lot of sizes available right now.

2. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Shoemart seems to have a lot of sizes available right now.
    Inconveniently, they do not have a 7.5 [​IMG]

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Actually my 403's came with a non waxed lace and they are brown, I am looking for waxed laces in that sort of grey/blue colour.

It's the lighting of the picture.
    They're just brown laces.

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Just love the way these have darkened Uncle.

nephew,

thank you

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Does anyone know where I could order laces like the ones on these snuff suede Indy boots from LS? I am looking for different colours. I believe these are waxed, right? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

+1. Also looking for Alden laces. Would appreciate the help

6. marg

marg Senior member

leathersoul has colored laces, but i'm not sure if they are the boot laces

7. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    whiskey lwb
    argyles otc

Looking great mac! Just purchased the whiskey LWB today and they arrive at my house on Thursday. [​IMG]

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So after two days of wearing my new Indys around I noticed one of the stitches on the back is defective. [​IMG] Really, really hoping the cobbler I bought them from is willing to exchange them or at least repair them. Hopefully I don't get the, "you already wore it" line.

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

Harvey: regarding the Whiskey LWB: Try Alden on Madison Ave in NY and Citishoes in NY...I know they both have stock right now (just not sure about your size)

10. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

^ As much as my service experiences at the Madison Ave store have been bad, I will say that that might be a good idea; was just there and they had gotten in a huge amount of whiskey in over the past few months, including the LWB. They also have a whiskey monk and a very nice whiskey Aberdeen captoe bal.

11. Collectro

Collectro Member

Does anyone know where I could order laces like the ones on these snuff suede Indy boots from LS?
    I am looking for different colours. I believe these are waxed, right?
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

+1. Also looking for Alden laces. Would appreciate the help

order these from the Alden SF shop and ask for 54" brown flat cordo-hide laces. They are the dark brown, flat, waxed laces that come with alot of the Alden boots. I just got 4 replacement pairs for my WP tanks and they are what they originally came with.
    email them and ask what other colors they come in.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

order these from the Alden SF shop and ask for 54" brown flat cordo-hide laces. They are the dark brown, flat, waxed laces that come with alot of the Alden boots. I just got 4 replacement pairs for my WP tanks and they are what they originally came with.

[​IMG] thanks! this is exactly what i had in mind

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So I went into Renner's about a week ago and bought some Alden Indys. I wore them around for two days and unfortunately found that the stitching on the back near the sole had been faulty and that the back panel was coming loose. I took it back in to Renner's, they called Alden, and they asked that it be sent in for evaluation.

Has anyone had any experience with this? The fellow at Renner's said they'll probably look at it for a minute and make sure its a manufacturing error, repair it, and ship it right back. Anyone have any idea what the turnaround time for something like this typically is?

14. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

15. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

So I went into Renner's about a week ago and bought some Alden Indys. I wore them around for two days and unfortunately found that the stitching on the back near the sole had been faulty and that the back panel was coming loose. I took it back in to Renner's, they called Alden, and they asked that it be sent in for evaluation.

Has anyone had any experience with this? The fellow at Renner's said they'll probably look at it for a minute and make sure its a manufacturing error, repair it, and ship it right back. Anyone have any idea what the turnaround time for something like this typically is?

I had a stitching repair done on Indy boots at the Alden factory take about 10 days from shipping it out to receiving it back. That includes a weekend, so 7 business days. I included instructions to have them ship it back directly to my house, although Renner's might insist on having it shipped back to them. Either way, it should work out fine. Original factory work that fast is impressive IMO.

16. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those look familiar. [​IMG]

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I had a stitching repair done on Indy boots at the Alden factory take about 10 days from shipping it out to receiving it back. That includes a weekend, so 7 business days. I included instructions to have them ship it back directly to my house, although Renner's might insist on having it shipped back to them. Either way, it should work out fine. Original factory work that fast is impressive IMO.

Thanks for the reply. It's gonna be hell waiting for these babies to get back. [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. astris

astris Senior member

19. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Thanks for the heads up.

20. borderline

borderline Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.