• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
But it's not. The place local to me hasn't had a price increase and I called them and they said they're not raising their prices. Anyway, even before they did this people were paying 430 for the indy boot and this place is selling it for 385.

you sure they aren;t the non union made aldens, that are made in china? hahah. well it sounds like you gotta a cheaper crack dealer than the rest of us, feel like sharing your secret?

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Nope, they had all the standard models. They didn't have a lot of cordovan in the store (chukka, norwegian toe, couple different loafers) but they showed me what they could order, pretty much anything. The regular indy boot was 385, the same boot I've seen everywhere else for much more. Also there was no tax.

Beyachad

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying lightly worn Alden Men's Indy Boot Plain Toe in Natural Chrome Excel, Size 8.5D Trubalance last, purchased from Shoe Mart in December, please send PM. Thanks.

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Oh, and BTW:

Slander - spoken
Libel - written

So the nonsensical debate is about whether this is libel, not slander (RandomKoreanDude - this is first year stuff!)

More pics please!

Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
Nope, they had all the standard models. They didn't have a lot of cordovan in the store (chukka, norwegian toe, couple different loafers) but they showed me what they could order, pretty much anything. The regular indy boot was 385, the same boot I've seen everywhere else for much more. Also there was no tax.

Sounds like Sherman bros

david3558

Reaction score
I hope this damn price increase will fix their quality issues. Before I got my J.Crew Aldens, I had experienced 3 defective ones across the board; different retailers, models, etc. Just awful.

Sadly, I'm too attached to Alden.

cimabue

Reaction score
Quality control issues? Alden's giving themselves a raise: Ain't no stinkin' issues.

granjamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
So I'm wearing my new whiskey caps yesterday and I'm looking at them thinking how much I love this color, so I log onto the TheShoeMart, click on the NST - and this morning they are at my door. Now that's a responsive crack dealer!

(And yes, I think whiskey seems to be getting a little darker)

When I visited one of the numerous Alden carriers in NY a few weeks back a number of the cigar shell shoes (split toe, lhs, etc.) had slightly different shades, though all were cigar. One cigar LHS in particular had multiple shades on it. They said that the shell cordovan colors tend to vary a bit, some lighter some darker. Sometimes it depends on how long they've been sitting on the shelf absorbing the light. Even with the variations they still looked great.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Oh, and BTW:

Slander - spoken
Libel - written

So the nonsensical debate is about whether this is libel, not slander (RandomKoreanDude - this is first year stuff!)

More pics please!

lol uh thx

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Finally stopped by lsbh and brian was too busy on the phone for me lol.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Sizing question for Alden Indy

My foot measures 11 3/4 by 4.5 wide, I normally wear a 12d in rw and Frye specifically for width, since gt don't have e widths. In regards to Indy I think the length would be a 11.5 but what about Width. Im Guessing I would be a ee. but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

bburkava

Reaction score
Hey guys - I've been a longtime lurker, but wanted to share some pictures of my first pair of Alden's, some Context Roy Boots. I love these so far. I have used some Lexol, along with a coating of SnoSeal, and some Obenauf Leather Oil.

They have held up great in the snowy northeast so far this winter. I love the color that is coming out in them.

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that is a great boot. how is the crepe sole holding up?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bburkava
Hey guys - I've been a longtime lurker, but wanted to share some pictures of my first pair of Alden's, some Context Roy Boots. I love these so far. I have used some Lexol, along with a coating of SnoSeal, and some Obenauf Leather Oil

B,

Those look great.

bburkava

Reaction score
The crepe has held up great. We've had some nasty weather the last few weeks, and I feel like the crepe actually has decent grip in wet and icy conditions.

They make the boots incredibly comfortable, and the leather toe is actually in much worse shape than the crepe.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bburkava
The crepe has held up great. We've had some nasty weather the last few weeks, and I feel like the crepe actually has decent grip in wet and icy conditions.

They make the boots incredibly comfortable, and the leather toe is actually in much worse shape than the crepe.

That's to be expected. If only Alden used the double oiled waterlock sole instead of the regular leather sole.the crepe makeup would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads