***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Damn those look nice. Those are the Roys, no? How comfortable are they on break-in?

yes roys

it was tight at first and i was thinking i needed it to be a bit wider ... but after wearing them for a few hours that first day they stretched out and it feels perfect. i dont even notice. the sole makes it immensely comfortable. i could wear these all day because it seriously fits your feet like a glove.

2. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Senior member

[​IMG]

They look nice, although they look burgundy on my screen. According to Context the boots have "a deep dark brown color with subtle hints of burgundy and tan that appear with bend and use.

How would you describe the color in person? Is "deep brown with subtle hints of burgundy accurate?" To me it looks more like burgundy with subtle hints of brown.

3. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Having seen those in person at Context last weekend I would say the posted pictures are fairly accurate as far as color goes on my screen. They are a somewhat ruddy brown...but I wouldn't call them burgundy as they are definitely brown primarily.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awesome. Context did a banging job with those.

5. djh

djh Senior member

They look nice, although they look burgundy on my screen. According to Context the boots have "a deep dark brown color with subtle hints of burgundy and tan that appear with bend and use.

How would you describe the color in person? Is "deep brown with subtle hints of burgundy accurate?" To me it looks more like burgundy with subtle hints of brown.

It's brown chromexcel leather from Horween, same stuff Quoddy uses on their mocs.
    It's a reddish brown, that ages really well.

Visvim jacket made from the same leather..
    http://horween.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dsc_0025.jpg

6. dcg

dcg Senior member

edit - n/m

7. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Maybe we should make a request. I want some burgundy calf longwings. I guess I'm sol - most people probably want shell if they're getting a cordovan color.
    I pre-ordered a pair of brown calf long wings from Leather Soul. I have the cigar shell long wings but I can appreciate both. I have calf Alden Wingtips in #8 but I also want a pair of shell long wings.

8. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

It's brown chromexcel leather from Horween, same stuff Quoddy uses on their mocs.
    It's a reddish brown, that ages really well.

Visvim jacket made from the same leather..
    http://horween.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dsc_0025.jpg

Great jacket! Is that a faux name tag on the left breast? Very nice indeed. [​IMG]

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

thanks ...

yeah the flash is on so it might be a bit brighter than that but they are definitely a good mix between burgundy and dark brown but probably more so to the burgundy side in direct light.

they are SUPER comfy and i feel great totally not babying them cuz they are so tough.

11. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Just got my Kudu Ultimate Indys from LeatherSoul in the mail. My first reaction was:
    HOLY SHIT.
    I thought these boots would have some greyish overtones like they do on their website but in fact they're a deep dark brown. The fit is absolutely perfect (sized down .5 from normal shoe size as you're supposed to do with TruBalance lasts). I can't wait to wear these guys to school today and come home with heel blisters.
    If I have time before class starts, I'll snap some pics for you guys.

12. JOA

JOA Senior member

^Please do!

13. scb

scb Senior member

Kudu Indys arrived today and they're pretty awesome. I order 10.5 and could probably get into a 10 (i'm usually an 11), though i think the 10.5 should be ok with thicker socks than what I tried them on with today. i'll see if i can borrow my girlfriend's camera tomorrow to get a picture or 2. my iPhone won't cut it

14. guyapprentice

guyapprentice Senior member

i've had kudu indy for 2 weeks now, have gotten several compliments on the street and they're breaking in nicely and the leather lining feels great as it conforms to my ankles...i have a feeling these will do really well when Alden stocks these in their lineup in the coming months, although i prefer the leather/commando sole as opposed to the lug rubber sole they'll be stocking.

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

if anybody gets the chance I would love to see some real world pics of the Kudu Indy boots. They look awesome on LeatherSoul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.