• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrythedog

Reaction score
i;m just posting to hopefully move us to the next page... that moving image of the kids at the birthday party is buggin me out!

but while i;m posting, tom those jumpers are stunning!

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
what are your guys thoughts on George boots? classic look? has this been around for as long as the standard chukka or PTB?

here is an old leathersoul take:

gb1.jpg

If they're on the Plaza last
inlove.gif

If they're on the Barrie last
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

phantomx48

Reaction score
Can someone help me out. . .I have yet to wear the Aberdeen last, and after reading the threads I am more confused than before, so I will go with the general consensus on the following question:

11D Barrie Last = ?D Aberdeen Last? (keeping in mind that with the Barrie last I have room to spare in the length, but is snug on width)

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
Can someone help me out. . .I have yet to wear the Aberdeen last, and after reading the threads I am more confused than before, so I will go with the general consensus on the following question:

11D Barrie Last = ?D Aberdeen Last? (keeping in mind that with the Barrie last I have room to spare in the length, but is snug on width)

I would try a 11E first.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I will definitely try the 11E first!

Also, are those Trickers in Coffee over at LSBH yet? Or did I miss out?

kentuckyboy

Reaction score
The new jumper boots are nice... But they look almost identical to my AE bayfields +$200...

david3558

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kentuckyboy
The new jumper boots are nice... But they look almost identical to my AE bayfields +$200...

I honestly don't think they look "almost identical" - I can see the resemblance but the Ultimate Jumper's don't have any speed hooks (thank goodness), have a pull tab on the back, and the general shape of the boot looks rather different to me. Looks like the Trubalance last gives the Jumper's a much rounder and fuller toe than the AE.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
You mean first day IN the office? Great shoes!
laugh.gif

Yes, but they did have to make a stop at Starbucks, step on the gas for 45 minutes and ride the elevator first.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MS007
Can anyone tell me if the last of an alden shoe is encoded in the imprinted number?

And if so, how?

Thanks alot.

Afraid not, but the model number is and you can usually trace that back to a last by with a quick online search.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48

It's probably better for you to try on the Aberdeen in person. I've tried on a number of different length/width combination and none fit me. It's always either tight in the toe and good everywhere else, or good in the toe and too large in the heel.

I have a narrow foot and favor the Hampton and Plaza lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads