***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granjamo

granjamo Well-Known Member

sizing question...

If my size on the hampton last is 10E, will that generally be the size that would work on other lasts as well? A 10.5E is slightly too big, and the 10.5D pinches the outer edges of my toes by the end of the day.

While recently trying on shell cordovan I found that it fits a bit looser than calfskin (for the same shoe of equal size and on the same last). Is this typical or do calfskin and shell sizings tend to be pretty equal?

Thanks
    (question also posted on aaac)

2. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Is Epaulet the only place you can get a pair of Shell Cordovan LW's in Whiskey color instock?

3. rabidawg

rabidawg Senior member

^ the shoe mart has a few sizes in stock.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I use trees on mine.
    Same here. I buy my shoe trees from the local Nordstrom Rack at $14.99 a piece for every pair of my Alden.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Same here. I buy my shoe trees from the local Nordstrom Rack at $14.99 a piece for every pair of my Alden.

i have nordstrom shoe trees for all my non alden shoes and alden shoe trees for all my aldens [​IMG]

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

i have nordstrom shoe trees for all my non alden shoes and alden shoe trees for all my aldens [​IMG]
    That's too baller for me, man. [​IMG] I can only afford the generic ones.

I don't really care about my cheaper shoes so I don't put trees in those.

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

8. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Looks like a good deal if you like the commando sole (I do)...no affiliation with seller http://cgi.ebay.com/Alden-9-Eyelet-W...#ht_500wt_1156
    These are a good deal even though they are seconds (he does not mention this in his listing). For those who are interested, I would recommend asking what the flaw is (if any).

9. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

Is Epaulet the only place you can get a pair of Shell Cordovan LW's in Whiskey color instock?

I just popped into Alden DC to pick up some shoelaces, and they had some whiskey LWs as well as some in ravello. I thought I saw whiskey bal wingtips too, but as I detest bals, didn't pay too much attention to them.

Side note: I am wearing my natural cxl plain toe boots, and Kathy concurred that natural shoe cream is the best thing for them.

Looks like a good deal if you like the commando sole (I do)...no affiliation with seller
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Alden-9-Eyelet-W...#ht_500wt_1156

Not only are they seconds, but they have speed hooks at the top (as opposed to eyelets, as it states in the listing). Not that it's a bad thing, but still.

10. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

Can anyone tell me if the Copeley Last fits 1/2 size large (similar to the Barrie)?

Thanks!!

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 8 nst boots

mcarthur, I love all your Aldens but I dont think your socks get enough recognition. I picked up a couple pairs at BB while looking at your fit pics on my phone. lol

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Is the neutral shoe cream the way to go for dark brown chromexcel indys or does the dark brown actually match?

Speaking of indys, do you guys use shoe trees considering they're more casual?

Do you guys always keep your Aldens in shoe trees or simply just for a day or two after each wear?

13. nomometal

nomometal Member

Latest addition arrived today: Whiskey Cordovan longwings from Epaulet. Here with my Blackbird #8 shortwings, and black 2146... [​IMG] Also, please don't forget my BNIB Size 12 Foss Tuggers for sale on the eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT Thanks!

14. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Do you guys always keep your Aldens in shoe trees or simply just for a day or two after each wear?

Mine are always kept in trees.

15. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.