***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

they had the #8 chukkas in stores for a while. The roughouts are interesting although I'm still pissed they only carry size 8.5 as the smallest online. WTF

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

I like the rough out chukka but I wish it was on a commando/plantation sole

4. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

they had the #8 chukkas in stores for a while. The roughouts are interesting although I'm still pissed they only carry size 8.5 as the smallest online. WTF

This would present a good opportunity for someone since the 20% coupons that float around from time to time usually work on Aldens.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I don't know why J. Crew has 8.5 as the smallest size in the majority of their Aldens. I hope they know that they pretty much just shut the door on the folks with smaller feet.

6. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I think they know. I have talked to a customer service rep about it anmd also sent an e-mail. They are losing a good amount of potential clients due to starting at the 8.5, especially in the Barrie lasted shoes. I am only a 5.5E in the Barrie and if was not for LS and a copuple other shopas I would never be able to get shoes from Alden.

7. rabidawg

rabidawg Senior member

I just picked up a NIB pair of Alden Cigar shell cordovan LWBs in size 8.5 B/D that just aren't going to work for me. [​IMG]

Ideally I'd love to trade for a similar pair in 8 C/E. Or will sell for what I have in them, $500, plus actual shipping. PM me for pics or with interest.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think they know. I have talked to a customer service rep about it anmd also sent an e-mail. They are losing a good amount of potential clients due to starting at the 8.5, especially in the Barrie lasted shoes. I am only a 5.5E in the Barrie and if was not for LS and a copuple other shopas I would never be able to get shoes from Alden.
    Yep. Barrie/TruBalance pushes out the size to a 9. The only pair I got from J. Crew was the tannish longwings since those were available in my size, 8.

I know there are college kids out there with J. Crew cards that would love to get some Aldens and put the purchases under the cards.

Oh well.

9. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Two new Aldens available online from J Crew

"Roughed-out" Suede Chukka

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8356/28356.jsp

Differences from the normal suede chukka appear to be Barrie Last, double oak outsole (instead of the flex welt) and the rougher dark brown suede

Tan Suede w/Natural Edge Trim please [​IMG]

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I tried to convine myself on the cordovan chukkas, but I think a PTB in the same color would be more versatile (PTB can be worn with a suit down to chinos). The suede chukkas look cool; I'm liking the barrie last and leather sole. I'll have to view them in-store to check out the leather.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

you could wear the cordo chukkas with a suit.

12. cfull

cfull Active Member

The JCrew "roughed out" chukka is almost exactly like the alden barrie suede chukka i tried on last night at H Stockton in atlanta...and they were 365. Good lord JCrew.

13. slide13

slide13 Senior member

The ones on J Crew are not the unlined chukka, they are a fully lined version and I believe the pricing is correct for that style. Epaulet has an example of the lined chukka as well as the more standard unlined offerings and their pricing is similar (though their black suede w/ brown trim is way cooler looking IMO).

14. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Epaulet has an example of the lined chukka as well as the more standard unlined offerings and their pricing is similar (though their black suede w/ brown trim is way cooler looking IMO).
    This

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I think the chukkas look great, but definitely try on a pair before you buy them. the fit is not what I was expecting...it was kind of loose around the ankles due to so few eyelets. I decided to get a standard high boot instead ,they felt more secure to me, which is what I wanted in a boot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.