• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lummers13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wangvicous
Does anyone know if there are makeups of the Indy with a vibram lug sole besides the 404? I really like how chamois looks but if I'm getting an indy might as well get one with a serious sole.

Not that I know of (I'm still new to Alden's but it's now become my only obsession
redface.gif
)
but I'd check this blog out. He had put one on, although it's not the traditional black sole we've seen everywhere. But to get an idea about a silhouette...
http://frigginchicken.tumblr.com/pos...405-indy-boots

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
j9rgbo.jpg

color 8 nst boots

I have the LS NSTs in Cordo 8 but I must admit the boots look even better...

Just bought another pair myself: J Crew Tobacco Longwings. Should be with me next week hopefully!

Darn these Aldens are addictive. Reminds me of collecting Jordans in my younger years.
laugh.gif

framus

Reaction score
Confirm, it's cruddy out in DC this morning, here's a picture during my commute with my cordovan PTB.

commuteboot.jpg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Cordo #8 Smooths, right out of the box. Not sure how I managed to live without these for so long
Yup. I picked up a pair on the cheap and they instantly become the most versatile shoe in my collection. Wish it didn't take me 4 years on here to realize that these and grey flannel trousers are my 'uniform'.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax

Whiskey PTB's

Sharp shoes Porter.

The more I see real life examples of plain toe Aldens, the more I love them. I kinda punked out last year and bought Florsheim Imperial plain toes in Burgundy, but after seeing these pix I can't get the Alden #8 plain toes out of my head.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Sharp shoes Porter.

The more I see real life examples of plain toe Aldens, the more I love them. I kinda punked out last year and bought Florsheim Imperial plain toes in Burgundy, but after seeing these pix I can't get the Alden #8 plain toes out of my head.

did you buy vintage Florsheim shell PTB's, or recent calfskin Florsheims in burgundy? big difference.

I've found that trying to find vintage shell PTB's is actually much harder than trying to find vintage longwings.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
did you buy vintage Florsheim shell PTB's, or recent calfskin Florsheims in burgundy? big difference.

I've found that trying to find vintage shell PTB's is actually much harder than trying to find vintage longwings.

shell - I wish !

I bought new calfskin. Not happy at all. The finish looks like shite after just 1 year and not too much wear.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Very nice shoes. If you would have told me those were Ravello PTBs I would have believed you
laugh.gif

I agree. They look nothing like my Whiskey pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads