***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I'm loving the monks!

Where did you get #4 from, zippy?

Thanks man. From Leather Soul.
    The monks are BB.

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Cigar, whiskey, ravello, #4, #8.
    [​IMG]

BTW, speaking of cordovan colors, J Gilbert has some Rider boots in some interesting colors.
    http://jgilbertfootwear.com/?q=Rider_Boot_Company_Boots

Love the walnut color but just don't think I would like the boot...the sole is just a bit much for me

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I posted a picture of them on the last page.

One of the Alden stores has them. I got mine at Alden SF while I was up there this weekend. They were shipped there from another store and a guy backed out of the sale, and I was fortunate enough to stumble onto them. Right place at right time. I personally think ravello is the nicest and most versatile shell color, along with cigar.

I would try Alden DC to see if they were the ones that did the ravello longwing run.

They were, I scored a pair. Not sure if any are left, though.

4. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

5. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I had an Alden encounter today in O'Hare airport - maybe it was one of you?

The young asian dude standing behind me on the security check asks me, as I tie my laces, "Are those Aldens?" "Why yes, they are," sez I. "Wow." Sez he. "I've never seen the longwing in brown suede before." "Yup, they're unusual and they have this nice feature: commando soles!"

"Oh, did you get them at Alden-of-Carmel?" "Why yes, young sartorialist, that's exactly where they came from. You truly know your Aldens!" "Yes," he says sheepishly, "I'm kind of into shoes." To which I reply with pride, "As am I!" My colleagues were leaving me behind, so I briefly wished him a safe flight and took off.

No exchange of names occurred, or reference to ones preference for youthful mutton, so I can't confirm at this time that he is an SF'r. Sir, if you are reading this, I ask you to show yourself!

(annoying sidebar): I shared this conversation with my boss and colleague later, and my boss as if the young guy had asked me out, as if discussing the ins-and-outs of fine mens shoes were some sort of common homosex technique for luring in unsuspecting straight men who happen to have a proclivity for footwear.

Anybody else have any fun/amusing/creepy Alden encounters to share?

6. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

was at a houseparty a couple of months ago and this guy comes up to me and asks "are those alden indys?" i replied, "yeah, i bought them from leathersoul a while ago." he then introduced himself to me, i talked a bit with one of his lady friends, and ended up spending the night underneath her.

my aldens got me laid. thank you bootmaking lords.

7. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

i posted a pic earlier, but here's a more detailed pic of my Alden Horween Cordovan Long Wing Blucher in Color #8 with double oak leather soles.

[​IMG]

More pics and info on where to buy on my blog.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Newest Aldens, soles a bit thicker than I want but damn the boots comfortable as hell.
    [​IMG]

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Awesome combination. Well done
    i posted a pic earlier, but here's a more detailed pic of my Alden Horween Cordovan Long Wing Blucher in Color #8 with double oak leather soles. [​IMG] More pics and info on where to buy on my blog.

10. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

thanks NAMOR. I'm really loving these right now!

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks man. From Leather Soul.
    The monks are BB.

Gotcha. What last are the Monks?

Do you have any Aldens on Aberdeen (sp?) last? I hear this particular last is not so popular to due it being extremely narrow.

12. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

My AF79s from Alden of Carmel after 6 months: [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm actually selling them if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM (size is 9.5E on the Leydon last).

13. number9dream

number9dream Senior member

^ Beautiful patina! -- After only 6 months?? Is that from sun exposure, or constant wearing? Either way, those shoes look fantastic!

14. framus

framus Active Member

Aries83. Awesome boots, nice patina. It's always good to know why people decide to sell their shoes, is it fit?

15. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Thanks chaps.

It might be sun exposure, my shoes are all lined up next to my bedroom window so maybe that has an effect (plus I do indeed wear them constantly).

I'm selling because I'm moving to Australia and need the money, the fit is lovely which makes it all the harder to sell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.