Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Anybody have this boots?
    http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...e-flex-boot-i/

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Sunday.

Funny I am looking at those too. I really want the Roy boot but it doesn't come in black so I found the Plain Toe Flex Boot II which does come in black. Different leather and different sole. I would love to see some pics if anyone has some.

2. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Leydon last vs Barrie last? I guess there is no real way to tell except to try them on huh? So confusing. I never realized that there were standardized fits to shoes.

3. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Ok last question. On the topic of soles, Commando vs. Leather vs. Crepe. Any thoughts?

4. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I've heard leydon referred to as a "smaller barrie", not as high volume as the barrie, but similar shape. Usually leydon is TTS and Barrie is down 1/2 size. Best way is to try them on.

Those soles all serve different purposes. Commando has more traction than the crepe but the crepe is more comfortable, so I've heard. Leather will look sleeker but really shouldn't be worn in wet weather.

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Leydon is like the Barrie, but with less toe room.

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Has anybody seen these bad boys in person? Is it worthy of my dollars? Customer service told me the color is "greyish brown" so am not sure if I'll like it.

[​IMG]

Where shop are those boots from?

7. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

8. guyapprentice

guyapprentice Senior member

9. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I wanted to order those, but by the time I asked they were gone in my size.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Had my ultimate indys for less than 10 wears, already had to do one stitching repair, and now the other shoe is having a similar problem. Only costs 12$ to fix each, but not very impressed given the reputation the co. has for quality construction.

11. robin

robin Senior member

Had my ultimate indys for less than 10 wears, already had to do one stitching repair, and now the other shoe is having a similar problem. Only costs 12$ to fix each, but not very impressed given the reputation the co. has for quality construction.
    The indy boots also have a lesser known reputation for having the apron stitching coming undone. I fixed mine by hand with a regular needle and thread.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I hadn't heard of that. Hopefully repairs hold and no more issues of this sort, I actually want to wear them fairly hard. Not "I'm going to Alexandretta to find the canyon of the crescent moon" hard, but hard enough that they acquire a lived-in appearance.

13. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

I've been wearing mine pretty hard, what is the problem you are having? Is it the stitching around the toe coming loose? Is it cosmetic or is stitching that actually secures leather coming loose?

14. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

I've been wearing my Ultimate's for a while too...

No problems with mine... and boy do they look better every time I wear them too!

Thanks Tom!

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I've been wearing mine pretty hard, what is the problem you are having? Is it the stitching around the toe coming lose? Is it cosmetic or is stitching that actually secures leather coming loose?
    See below. Happened on the outside side of one shoe and the inside of the other. Just the first half dozen stitches, I fixed them before they got very far.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.